GPX tracks on Android Auto?

Stickman

I am trying to find a way to display GPX Trail tracks on Android auto.

I am able to convert the GPX tracks to KML files and import them into Google Maps as a My Map.

However Android auto does not currently display My Maps so it does not appear there is any way to display the GPX Trails on Android auto.

Has anyone else figured out a way to display GPX tracks on the Android auto or on the built-in display?

My preferred app for navigating trails is Backcountry Navigator but it does not work on Android auto either...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

The best thing to do would be to petition Backcountry Navigator to make their app Auto certified. Google controls everything on Auto and Apple controls everything on CarPlay. The oems have no say. If enough people ask they may go through the process

Sent via....

Stickman

The best thing to do would be to petition Backcountry Navigator to make their app Auto certified. Google controls everything on Auto and Apple controls everything on CarPlay. The oems have no say. If enough people ask they may go through the process

Sent via....
What I was told is that Google only wants their mapping software on Android auto. I don't know if that's true or not but it might be worth a try...

Stickman

What I was told is that Google only wants their mapping software on Android auto. I don't know if that's true or not but it might be worth a try...

So I sent a request to Backcountry Navigator and heard back almost immediately.

They would love to be available on Android Auto but it is not their decision - it is Google's decision. So far Google has refused to let other map programs exist on Android auto.

So until that changes it looks like we will not be able to display tracks on Android auto.