Made rear cover/tonneau cover

TadL5

Attempted to make my own rear cover that would secure items in the back with the top off. I haven't done anything right behind the seat yet, so someone could just lower the seats and access that way, but this so far is just to make it not so easy to reach in and snag things. I used aluminum diamond plate (I think I went with 1/4 inch), painted it with tractor rust-oleum, some edging that normally goes on car doors and then just used the factory screws and holes that are used for the hard top (had to buy a couple more of the screws because a couple holes used are not normally used for the hard top. I'm guessing they are used for the soft top.). I did it in two pieces and I will be using a couple more of the Jeep screws to connect those. Just have to run to hardware store to find nuts that will work on those factory screws (just to keep uniform look). I didn't cut the aluminum, I had a metal shop do that for me.20180802_201553.jpg20180802_201544.jpg20180802_201608.jpg

TadL5

Looks great, nice job!! I wonder if you could do a powder coat for more durability or have it painted and a clearcoat to match your Jeep body color?

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

In the sun, the colors match pretty well and can't tell. My plan is to see how long this lasts. If it never chips or changes color, then fine. If it does, then I was going the powder coating to match at a shop. Figured I'd try the $10 route first.

Jlusahara

Looks awesome, but if you find it needs something more, I'd get it linex'ed.

Envoyé de mon SM-G950W en utilisant Tapatalk