TPMS for a JL

wibornz

So I have wheels ATX Slabs and tire bought. I need 5 TPMS for the new tires and wheels. The local place wants $60 for each TPMS. I am finding them for as low at $12 bucks each on Ebay or five for $99 dollars on Amazon. Man I would like to buy local, but the local place wants $60 bucks each! :eek:

Is there any real difference between any of these TPMS? Learn me up on these things. I never realized there was such a huge spread in price on these. Is the rubber value steam one ok, or should I be looking for the ones that are metal and bolt in?

Shadowfire

As long as the frequency is correct and compatible with your system it should be fine...try discount tire if your looking for local support they (here locally) are pretty reasonable and will offer some warranty markup for dealer items is ridiculous due to the number of people who profit from it going for the cheapest isn’t always best but you will sometimes find it’s simply because you found the source

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wibornz

Discount Tire wanted $60 each. So with tax, it was $318 for five tpms. To me that is just craziness.

Shots

I've changed the rims/tires on several Rams, Chargers, and a Grand Cherokee. On every swap I've had to install new sensors. As you found, the local places want a lot for them. I've repeatedly bought the $99 sets off Amazon with no issues.
I just look up the Mopar part number, and then search by that. You can get all 5 for what most tire shops want for 2. I have a friend who works at a tire place. He was going to get me a discount on them, and they were still a lot more than I got them from Amazon.
To answer your question. There's no difference other than the amount you pay. You can get OEM parts for a lot less. They'll even have the logos and OEM part number etched on them.

Inox

I told discount that I could get them cheaper somewhere else and the Mgr sold them to me for 25$ each, he did not ask where...