Magnaflow or Flowmaster?

RubyParmi

Looking to upgrade the stock exhaust in my JLUR.

I want an aggressive sound and want to retain or improve performance.

What are your recommendations? Also, do I need to go with a cat back upgrade or can I stick with the axle back? I heard one of the magnaflow models wasn’t a direct replacement so the ID/OD didn’t match up at axle back. That person ended up ordering the cat back kit.

Thanks in advance!IMG_0950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You can stick with an axle back if you want. All your doing is changing the muffler.

JLF

Looking to upgrade the stock exhaust in my JLUR.

I want an aggressive sound and want to retain or improve performance.

What are your recommendations?

Also consider Borla: JLU Wrangler 4 door "Climber" 2018 Cat-Back™ Exhaust S-Type part # 140747

ocrejects

I went with Gibson sounds great low in as well as top and it’s tucked away and you can take the tips off in 3 min whenever you want.

Attachments

• A9168545-5FEB-48BC-BD95-D00B5B27E939.jpg
    A9168545-5FEB-48BC-BD95-D00B5B27E939.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 95

OconRecon

Two things.

1. Does the Flomaster sound throatier in real life like the vids seem to suggest?
2. To me, the goal would be deep noise while accelerating, but once up to highway speed, there wouldn’t be much difference between the after market muffler, and the OEM one. How much louder rolling down the highway with, let’s say, the cruise control set?

JTCO

Meme King
Two things.

1. Does the Flomaster sound throatier in real life like the vids seem to suggest?
2. To me, the goal would be deep noise while accelerating, but once up to highway speed, there wouldn’t be much difference between the after market muffler, and the OEM one. How much louder rolling down the highway with, let’s say, the cruise control set?

I've run both but not on Jeeps. I had dual magnaflow mufflers on a V8 mustang and loved the sound and got a lot of compliments on it.

I've run flowmasters on a V8 truck and a 4cylinder car along with installing them on lots of customer's cars. Flowmaster really does sound deep and throaty like that. I personally don't like it as much and you really have to get a perfectly matched muffler and engine to make it sound good IMO.

Dynomax sounds good on Jeeps IMO. They even have a mobile engine that they take to events and you can try different mufflers on it when they start it. Pretty cool to see.

Sithwindu

If it helps any, I’m running the dynomax comp on my 2013 jk, it’s nice a throaty, but not too obnoxious and perfect on the highway, basically what you described what you wanted. Not sure if adding dynomax to the equation would help you out on the decision

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I did a flowmaster outlaw was on my truck for a week its gone the drone between 2300-2800 rpms is ridiculous if u do any kind of highway driving this is not for you. Flowmaster says not for use in a daily driver i have the auto trans may sound diff with the 6 speed but minea for sale the black coating burned off in the first week as well for lil trips it sounds good but after 4 hours. Headache

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk