My JL with Hail Damage

CanAmMick

We had a hail storm yesterday evening. My new JL doesn’t look to good anymore. It goes to the dealer Monday for a new bumper, winch, electric running boards and some other things. Guess we’ll also be getting an estimate to have it repaired. The hood is damaged the worst, with just a few small dents in both passenger side doors, front and rear passenger side quarter panels and frame around the windshield.

My wife’s Honda Pilot Only has one place on the car that’s not damaged, the drivers side passenger door. Definitely not a good way to end the week.

Attachments

• CBB6D1F3-6C2C-4721-BD06-24628E45426F.jpg
    CBB6D1F3-6C2C-4721-BD06-24628E45426F.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 250

StingRubi19

I swear I hate everytime a big storm hits and I'm out in my jeep. Sorry to see your new rig all dinged up.
Last year we got hammered by hail for a few good minutes. We were in my wife's grand Cherokee as we were heading down the highway just about to pull into town. We looked up the hill into the horizon and it looked like a green wall.
Then just as we got into town we got nailed! Windshield was shattering and everything.
Was somewhat nice because then everyone in town got a new roof and siding lol
Snapchat-305528180.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

CanAmMick

Bad luck! Can I ask what running boards you are getting? I been trying to find something. This Jeep feels a little higher and I’m a bit vertically challenged.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

We ordered the running boards when we purchased the Jeep about 6 weeks ago. I really can’t remember, but as soon as I get it back I’ll be sure to let you know. I’ll also get you some pictures. They said it will be ready Wednesday. It better be since we’re suppose to meet up with the insurance adjusted that afternoon.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Sorry to see the hail damage, that sucks. I picked up my JL in Idaho this morning. Literally as I was walking out of my Colorado home to drive to Idaho yesterday, my house was struck by lightning resulting in a scorched electric panel, three fried garage door openers, a fried plasma TV, and a fried 84" ceiling fan that I install a couple of weeks ago. Picked up the Wrangler and it is awesome, however 120 miles into the drive I mysteriously developed the obligatory crack in my windshield. Oh yeah, my cat died last week. WTF?!? :crazyeyes:

CanAmMick

Sorry to see the hail damage, that sucks. I picked up my JL in Idaho this morning. Literally as I was walking out of my Colorado home to drive to Idaho yesterday, my house was struck by lightning resulting in a scorched electric panel, three fried garage door openers, a fried plasma TV, and a fried 84" ceiling fan that I install a couple of weeks ago. Picked up the Wrangler and it is awesome, however 120 miles into the drive I mysteriously developed the obligatory crack in my windshield. Oh yeah, my cat died last week. WTF?!? :crazyeyes:

Sounds like you’ve had some bad luck. Hopefully things will get better. You’ve got a long drive home! Stay safe.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Thanks. What's funny is that it had 13 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. Lol. Not too much further to go. I'm in Laramie, WY now. Good luck with your JL.

20180727_173145.jpg

klv30907

We ordered the running boards when we purchased the Jeep about 6 weeks ago. I really can’t remember, but as soon as I get it back I’ll be sure to let you know. I’ll also get you some pictures. They said it will be ready Wednesday. It better be since we’re suppose to meet up with the insurance adjusted that afternoon.

That would be great, thanks

CanAmMick

Bad luck! Can I ask what running boards you are getting? I been trying to find something. This Jeep feels a little higher and I’m a bit vertically challenged.

I haven’t forgotten about you. They installed the bumper, winch, and some small things, but no running boards. Told me the manufacture still has not released them. We’re in our 60’s, and my wife hates to get in and out of the Jeep. With 2 artificial knees and a fused back it kinda hard on her. I’ll let you know if/when they ever come in! Hopefully that will be sooner than later.

CanAmMick

Very nice! Wish I could have that installed on my Jeep, but with my wife’s artificial knees and fused back she has to have some type of electric running boards. We’re still waiting on them to come in.

klv30907

I haven’t forgotten about you. They installed the bumper, winch, and some small things, but no running boards. Told me the manufacture still has not released them. We’re in our 60’s, and my wife hates to get in and out of the Jeep. With 2 artificial knees and a fused back it kinda hard on her. I’ll let you know if/when they ever come in! Hopefully that will be sooner than later.

Thanks! Yeah I just had shoulder surgery and I’m having to hoist myself in my Jeep and my husband is a little nervous I’m going to slip. I’ll keep checking. Thanks