It begins...

offcamber

I told myself I'd just run 35's on the stock suspension for a while. Wheeled last weekend and it did great on the 35's with no lift, but there was another JL with the 2" Mopar lift. So later than night, Amazon led to this a couple of days later.

37420829_10217160674389440_9132365807316107264_o-XL.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to you on your new lift! Looking forward to seeing it installed on your JL :thumb:

offcamber

Lift was installed last night. We measured each corner prior to the lift. We ended up with 3.75" of lift in the rear and 3.25 in the front. Definitely more than 2" Mopar claims. My 35" Toyos now look too small so I guess next week, we'll get 37's? I'm pretty happy with it so far. The ride actually feels better than stock or close enough that its hard to tell. One thing to note, I had picked up Rock Krawler spring pads due to the previous issues with Mopars. We noticed that my factory drivers side spring pad was collapsing, just like some users have reported. The revised Mopar pads are of the same construction as the factory ones and they will fail if you wheel. I had two trips on my factory pads and they had started collapsing. The Mopar kit doesn't adjust the track bars at all so the axles are shifted about 3/4". I'll probably order adjustable trackbars from somewhere soon.

20180727_112134-XL.jpg.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good but yeah, that's a lot more lift than 2". Granted, the springs should settle out a bit with some use.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Looks good. Are those Mopar rims with rash rings? Sorry to hear you're going to have to fill those wheel wells up with 37's. So sad.

Shots

I'd remeasure after you get an alignment, and some miles on the kit. I lifted my wife's Renegade, and the 1.5" kit initially yielded closer to 3" of lift. After alignment and some driving it's settled to 1.75" of lift.

Looks good BTW.

offcamber

I'd remeasure after you get an alignment, and some miles on the kit. I lifted my wife's Renegade, and the 1.5" kit initially yielded closer to 3" of lift. After alignment and some driving it's settled to 1.75" of lift.

Looks good BTW.

There isn't any reason to do an alignment on the Jeep after the lift. The ONLY thing you can adjust is toe-in and we checked it with a tape measure before and after the lift and it stayed the same. My buddy has done around 25-30 of the Mopar lift and he said they did their first one in February and it's settled 1/4" since then. He said it should settle at most 3/4 inch but most likely about 1/2".

Oh and after looking it over, I think I may ditch the 35" Toyos for 37" Cooper STT Pro's. The STT Pro 37's will actually weigh the same as my Toyo 35's...

Shots

Interesting. Why do they not make Jeeps with any caster/camber adjustments? My wife's Renegade was the same way. The shop was only able to adjust the Toe, which was out pretty far. Is this a Jeep thing, or just a modern car thing?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Interesting. Why do they not make Jeeps with any caster/camber adjustments? My wife's Renegade was the same way. The shop was only able to adjust the Toe, which was out pretty far. Is this a Jeep thing, or just a modern car thing?

As to camber, Wrangler’s use solid axles. On the caster, I assume cost is an issue. You can add adjustable control arms, if you need to adjust caster.

IMG_2418.JPG

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/0902sr-science-of-straight-axles/

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app