Rear sway bar links.

I took mine off. I can not tell any difference in the sharp turns on the road, plus I still have the front rubicon sway bar so its not like there is no sway bar.

NFRs2000NYC

Why on earth would you do something like this? BTW, if you ever get into an accident, and a someone from the forensics department discovers that you took off your links, don't be surprised if they deny you coverage.

Tellico

I did not run a rear sway bar on my TJ for 8 years. It was in the way of my triangulated 4-link setup.

However, as eluded to above, the front sway bar does more work to prevent a roll over than the rear does so you could argue that it’s the more important of the two. The rear is less stout and provides less resistance than the front. However, that also means that it does not provide a ton of resistance while you are off-road. Meaning it’s not really limiting your flex or droop very much. Given that it’s not really hurting you off road, and it’s keeping the rig stable on road, what’s the point in losing it?
I will say that there are some benefits to at least some anti-sway resistance when you get off-camper while off-road. They can prevent rollovers off of the pavement as well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of things people do that don't make a whole lot of sense to me and disconnecting your rear sway bar links is one of them. If any of these people took the time to look, they would see that the rear sway bar is really soft and can be manipulated by hand. Leaving the links connected will NOT limit your flex. If anything, leaving the links connected will help offer much desired stability especially in off camber situations.

Here's a shot of my factory rear sway bar limiting the 14" of vertical travel my EVO lever provides on my JK. Please note that my limiting strap is taught.

main.php