above spare tire rack...does it exist for the JL?

greshowak

Hi, I'm looking for a tailgate basket, specifically one that mounts to a spare tire riser and sits above the spare. Does anyone know of an option or should I just continue to wait?

thanks,
-Dan

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, I'm looking for a tailgate basket, specifically one that mounts to a spare tire riser and sits above the spare. Does anyone know of an option or should I just continue to wait?

thanks,
-Dan

I don't thing there's anything that attaches to the tailgate of the JL and even if there were, I would not recommend it as the rack would act as a lever and the weight will cause damage to the tailgate. The LoD Destroyer rear bumper tire carrier will have a basket as an option and I would highly recommend going with something like that.

greshowak

I don't thing there's anything that attaches to the tailgate of the JL and even if there were, I would not recommend it as the rack would act as a lever and the weight will cause damage to the tailgate. The LoD Destroyer rear bumper tire carrier will have a basket as an option and I would highly recommend going with something like that.

Thank you. I've been drooling over the LoD rear bumper system. Do you know when it will be available to purchase?