What Color will You be getting for Your JL Wrangler?

What color will you be getting your JL in?

• Bright White Clear Coat

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • Black Clear Coat

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Firecracker Red

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Acid Yellow Clear Coat

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nacho Clear Coat

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Mojito Green

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Sting Gray

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the Jeep JL Wrangler is officially in the dealer system, or so we're told, we now have a first look at the initial colors the JL will be offered in. While most of them are colors we're already familiar with, there are a couple of new ones I haven't heard of before and the one that really caught my eye was "Nacho Clear Coat"! If I could guess, it might be similar to Dozer Yellow and I'd be looking forward to seeing it. What color will you be wanting for your JL?

Bright White Clear Coat
Black Clear Coat
Firecracker Red
Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat
Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat
Acid Yellow Clear Coat
Nacho Clear Coat

Don't forget to play around with our awesome JL Wrangler Dream Builder! :cool:
JLWrangler Dream Builder

20170808101223-e315687f.jpg

20170808101227-148894ff.jpg

20170808101230-39a748c8.jpg

20170808101228-b8a4ab39.jpg

20170808101226-4a5531a5.jpg

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would love to see the red and the yellow actually on the vehicle. I think they would both look amazing

NFRs2000NYC

I was hoping the JL will come out with a crush/header orange, and people are saying nacho is going to be an "orange," but upon closer inspection, FCA has released the paint codes with the color names, and you will notice that Nacho is PY5.....if you search for PY5, you will see that it is the color code for dozer.....so it seems they just renamed dozer, however, it is a great color....just find it odd that they would have 2 yellows.

Dozer sticker....

57197704.jpg

If you search for PJD, the code for acid yellow, you'll see it's a bit more highlighter yellow vs dozer which is a rich egg yolk looking yellow.

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up_paint/Jeep/2017-Jeep-Wrangler-Acid-Yellow-JD-PJD.html

Out of the above colors, I would go with Nacho, however, if the diesel comes out the following model year, they will probably change the colors out.....and I really want Gecko. :(

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What I can tell you about Dozer is that it really is more of an orange than a yellow. When you sit it next to a yellow Jeep, it's almost undeniable. Like you, I saw the paint code and figured it'd be more of a Dozer than a Crush.

JLRay

I would want one ether in the Granite crystal or maybe the red depending on how it looks on the jeep.

RMC2

I voted white, but maybe red. It depends on what it looks like in person. If only I could afford one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It sure would be nice if they had at least one new JL specific color like they did for the JK with Rescue Green. That was like their flagship color when the JK was first introduced and one that a lot of people wanted.

JAGS

It's been a long time since I've had vehicle not in the silver/grey spectrum. I most likely will lean billet or granite. But the acid and firecracker would be nice to see in person.