Need a replacement IAT sensor.

Dragmod

I got a new AFE Cold air intake stage 2 and was reading I need to get a new IAT sensor because the stock one is epoxied into the factor one. I can’t seem to find the part number. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Your dealer should know. But that's bullshit that AFE wouldn't have included a new one or another method to re-use your old one. Worst case, if you can't get a new one, carefully cut the old one out somehow.

If it were me, I'd just keep the stock intake on the Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your dealer should know. But that's bullshit that AFE wouldn't have included a new one or another method to re-use your old one. Worst case, if you can't get a new one, carefully cut the old one out somehow.

If it were me, I'd just keep the stock intake on the Jeep.

This ^^^^^^

There really no better way to ruin an engine than to run a cold air intake on a Jeep. They just let in way too much dirt and I have seen way too many engines trashed because of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I didn’t get the stage two race version. I had the same one on my JK and saw about 20% increase in fuel economy with it and exhaust with 35s plus I went off-roading quite a bit and had zero issues.

Did you make sure to properly re-calibrate your speedometer after installing your 35's?

As far as engines getting ruined goes, I have no reason to make this stuff up. If you're happy with what you got, more power to you. Good luck finding a IAT.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes...I used a tuner. My speedo was correct.

Just checking to make sure. Of all the CAI's I've ever run in the past including an AFE, I never saw a 20% increase in anything let alone fuel economy but hey, it's cool to hear you did. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was getting mid 15s with 35s and after installing the cold air and exhaust was seeing low 18s. So almost 20%.

Like I said, I never saw a 20% increase in anything let alone fuel economy but again, it's cool to hear you did.

I got a new AFE Cold air intake stage 2 and was reading I need to get a new IAT sensor because the stock one is epoxied into the factor one. I can’t seem to find the part number. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That’s weird. I saw that KN came out with one that has a full air box replacement to protect it. Back when I was into tuned Audi’s I’d heard of a couple of people having issues (including a hydro locked engine) so when I saw the air box replacement versus an open filter I was intrigued. I read the KNs install instructions and they don’t mention anything like that, but I’d imagine the sensor issue would be the same for anyone. Do a google search and compare notes against their install instructions.

Also, Mopar has CAI and new airbox in the catalog for the JL so I can’t imagine they’re going to bring out a product that requires a new sensor.