Cold Air Intake / aFe

ocrejects

Finally completed the stock build. Just installed the cold air intake from aFe, what a difference in sound in response power.
Just need to order the Tazer!
Mopar 2 inch lift
Smitty built winch synthetic
Mopar grill guard
Mopar 7 inch off-road LED
aFe Cold air intake
Gibson duel exhaust
BFG K02’s 315/70/70
Mopar Third break light
13 inch Shorty antenna
Huskey cargo liner
JtopsUSA mesh shade top
New driver side isolator

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While a cold air intake may sound nice, you should be warned that they are horrible at keeping dirt out and it WILL ruin your 3.6L engine. I personally know multiple people who had this happen to them including one who had a dealer installed Mopar CAI.

Deezus

While a cold air intake may sound nice, you should be warned that they are horrible at keeping dirt out and it WILL ruin your 3.6L engine. I personally know multiple people who had this happen to them including one who had a dealer installed Mopar CAI.
What he said. Also, that horsepower increase is all in your head. We all imagine our mods to do things manufacturers imply. Like for instance doing a lift and keeping "Stock ride quality" haha haha woo ....thats a good one. I had one of the best if not the best CAIs and it did not do anything but increase engine noise. IMO, CAI are one of the worst performance mods for the 3.6. You would be better off if you want more POWER to get a supercharger or Hemo/LS swap. But I also see the other side it makes a cool noise and then we can repeat the manufacturers claims on added performance. Listen don't beat yourself up, I have 3 different size spare tires from my JK because I told myself I would never need 37s.......

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

4wd

What he said. Also, that horsepower increase is all in your head. We all imagine our mods to do things manufacturers imply. Like for instance doing a lift and keeping "Stock ride quality" haha haha woo ....thats a good one. I had one of the best if not the best CAIs and it did not do anything but increase engine noise. IMO, CAI are one of the worst performance mods for the 3.6. You would be better off if you want more POWER to get a supercharger or Hemo/LS swap. But I also see the other side it makes a cool noise and then we can repeat the manufacturers claims on added performance. Listen don't beat yourself up, I have 3 different size spare tires from my JK because I told myself I would never need 37s.......

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Start telling yourself you will never need 40's [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL_selena

Finally completed the stock build. Just installed the cold air intake from aFe, what a difference in sound in response power.
Just need to order the Tazer!
Mopar 2 inch lift
Smitty built winch synthetic
Mopar grill guard
Mopar 7 inch off-road LED
aFe Cold air intake
Gibson duel exhaust
BFG K02’s 315/70/70
Mopar Third break light
13 inch Shorty antenna
Huskey cargo liner
JtopsUSA mesh shade top
New driver side isolator
I have the gibson dual exhaust but imo it will hit the dirt when I'm inclining a steep hill 1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app