Sway Bar Disconnects

silverbullet88

Mainly won’t work because the passenger side sway bar link bolt goes through its own bracket AND the trackbar bracket.

I tried the teraflex quick disco’s. Won’t work since the bolt goes through both brackets. There is no way to pull the sway bar link in and out off a pin because of it.

JKS came out with theirs but they cut off the sway bar axle side bracket/ tab and only mount the link on the track bar bracket.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the passenger side axle mount is different than the JK. Aside from that, the bolt sizes are the same. What I would recommend is just carrying an 18mm socket and wrench and just remove the bolts and nuts at the axle. I've done this for years in the past and it's pretty easy.

silverbullet88

I also made some quick disco's using a grade 8 clevis pin with cotter pin that was 1/2in diameter and 2 1/2in length. Used some washers to snug it up. My buddy had some JK sway bar links laying around and we drilled the lower link to 1/2 diameter.

It made a lot of noise because the actual bracket hole is larger than 1/2in. I don't recommend it! So I am back to normal bolts and just unbolt them.

QD.jpgJeep2.JPG

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I also made some quick disco's using a grade 8 clevis pin with cotter pin that was 1/2in diameter and 2 1/2in length. Used some washers to snug it up. My buddy had some JK sway bar links laying around and we drilled the lower link to 1/2 diameter.

It made a lot of noise because the actual bracket hole is larger than 1/2in. I don't recommend it! So I am back to normal bolts and just unbolt them.

I've done the clevis pin on my TJ back in the day and while it worked pretty good, the back end of it wore out to the point of coming free of the mount. Didn't realize it until I was on a mountain road and could really feel the excessive swaying in the hard curves and had to pull over to see what was going on. After that, I just went back to using the bolts.