EVO 3.5" High Clearance Long Arm installed...

Vettethret

Well just in time for the 4th! We thought that the 38's would work with the 3.5" EVO lift, but it wasn't enough lift. We went down to the 2" spring in rear, with an EVO bolt in 1.5" spacer in back and another smaller spacer in front. This thing is in desperate need of a ram assist to control these 15.5" tires. As soon as you hit a rut or dip the wheel is all over the place. It also desperately needs a high steer kit since were now above the 3.5" lift (Waiting for trac bars as well). I am waiting for my LOD Destroyer sliders and the Poison Spyder carrier. The stock Rubi rock rails are too long so we haven't cycled the suspension yet. Cant wait to get this thing out on the trails!

The build-

- 3.5" EVO High Clearence Long Arm with King Shocks
- 20x12 Methods with 38x15.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers
- ARB Dual on board air
- Baja Designs LP9, XL80 Wides and Onx6 10"
- Warn Zeon 10S
- Magna Flow off road exhaust

IMG_20180702_160433_511.jpg
IMG_20180702_160259_921.jpg
IMG_20180702_160244_984.jpg

BillArnett

Nice looking rig!

I'll be very interested to hear if you have any problems with your driveshafts with that much lift. Probably will be fine on the street but when it's at full flex???

Vettethret

Nice looking rig!

I'll be very interested to hear if you have any problems with your driveshafts with that much lift. Probably will be fine on the street but when it's at full flex???

Were going to find out once the rockers come in. I am thinking I will need a new one. Im not sure if driveshafts are out yet?

JLF

The build-

Any reviews from the daily driver aspect? Been waiting on the coilover/long arm kit myself but I'd sure appreciate any comments regarding your experiences while I wait please.:thumb:

Chopper

looks great

Well just in time for the 4th! We thought that the 38's would work with the 3.5" EVO lift, but it wasn't enough lift. We went down to the 2" spring in rear, with an EVO bolt in 1.5" spacer in back and another smaller spacer in front. This thing is in desperate need of a ram assist to control these 15.5" tires. As soon as you hit a rut or dip the wheel is all over the place. It also desperately needs a high steer kit since were now above the 3.5" lift (Waiting for trac bars as well). I am waiting for my LOD Destroyer sliders and the Poison Spyder carrier. The stock Rubi rock rails are too long so we haven't cycled the suspension yet. Cant wait to get this thing out on the trails!

The build-

- 20x12 Methods with 38x15.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers
- ARB Dual on board air
- Baja Designs LP9, XL80 Wides and Onx6 10"
- Warn Zeon 10S
- Magna Flow off road exhaust

View attachment 3255
View attachment 3256
View attachment 3257

I think you will love it after the kinks are worked out

Vettethret

Any reviews from the daily driver aspect? Been waiting on the coilover/long arm kit myself but I'd sure appreciate any comments regarding your experiences while I wait please.:thumb:

The ride is not that great, but that's not on EVO. Since I'm at 4.5-5" of lift, I need a high steer kit. I've run this same wheel/tire set up on all my rigs, and until you put Ram Assist on, the tires grab all abutments on the road and they wheel goes everywhere. I'm sure it will be good once the rest of the parts are out for it. One thing I can say, looks alone it gets 10 stars!

Jesse_01

The ride is not that great, but that's not on EVO. Since I'm at 4.5-5" of lift, I need a high steer kit. I've run this same wheel/tire set up on all my rigs, and until you put Ram Assist on, the tires grab all abutments on the road and they wheel goes everywhere. I'm sure it will be good once the rest of the parts are out for it. One thing I can say, looks alone it gets 10 stars!

I have a long arm kit on order for past month & half. Have to dog sled it to canada think, maybe lack of snow is the issue.

I was between long or short arm. What part does not ride great? Comfort or handling? What psi & ply tires?

Take some pics of underneath to see arm clearance, do the long arms hang down much more then stock?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

ubbb69

T not as badly.

I experience the same thing on our smaller rutted back highways and rd. That is with 37x13.5 with a med weight bead lock. And my wife’s sport has it with a 35” tire just not as badly. Jeep looks good it should go any where you need to I imagine. Nice job.

Vettethret

I have a long arm kit on order for past month & half. Have to dog sled it to canada think, maybe lack of snow is the issue.

I was between long or short arm. What part does not ride great? Comfort or handling? What psi & ply tires?

Take some pics of underneath to see arm clearance, do the long arms hang down much more then stock?

At this point its hard to tell. I think a lot of it is the fact that the tires are so wide, without the Ram Assist it grabs everything in the road and tosses the wheel around in your hand (The Jeep oscillates a little trying to get the tires straight again).. I've been out of lifted Jeeps the last 2 years but I do remember when I put my last Ram Assist on (Same 38x15.5" tires), the overall drive got much better since it really tightened up the front end and controlled the tires. Out of my last 4 Jeeps, this is the first with the Long Arm set up. I have heard nothing but positives regarding the ride with Long Arms vs short arms, so that was one of my deciding factors. I haven't checked my PSI but I will tomorrow. I think the Ram Assist will take care of 70% of my issue, I am hoping the High Steer Kit and Trac Bars help the rest when they become available. I did think the Kings would soak up the bumps a little better, but its possible the spacers may have hurt the ride as well? I am going to stop by EVO tomorrow and talk with Mel (And hopefully schedule gears if there available) and see what he thinks.

Vettethret

I experience the same thing on our smaller rutted back highways and rd. That is with 37x13.5 with a med weight bead lock. And my wife’s sport has it with a 35” tire just not as badly. Jeep looks good it should go any where you need to I imagine. Nice job.

Thank you.:thumb:

Jesse_01

At this point its hard to tell. I think a lot of it is the fact that the tires are so wide, without the Ram Assist it grabs everything in the road and tosses the wheel around in your hand (The Jeep oscillates a little trying to get the tires straight again).. I've been out of lifted Jeeps the last 2 years but I do remember when I put my last Ram Assist on (Same 38x15.5" tires), the overall drive got much better since it really tightened up the front end and controlled the tires. Out of my last 4 Jeeps, this is the first with the Long Arm set up. I have heard nothing but positives regarding the ride with Long Arms vs short arms, so that was one of my deciding factors. I haven't checked my PSI but I will tomorrow. I think the Ram Assist will take care of 70% of my issue, I am hoping the High Steer Kit and Trac Bars help the rest when they become available. I did think the Kings would soak up the bumps a little better, but its possible the spacers may have hurt the ride as well? I am going to stop by EVO tomorrow and talk with Mel (And hopefully schedule gears if there available) and see what he thinks.

Nice good to hear. The long arm we ordered is taking for every. So i was thinking about going a different route.

East coast gear is where I got our 5.13 from. They had 10% off yesterday for July 4th.

Jesse_01

Vettethret

Nice good to hear. The long arm we ordered is taking for every. So i was thinking about going a different route.

East coast gear is where I got our 5.13 from. They had 10% off yesterday for July 4th.

Gears are out already? Nice. I called EVO today but they were closed. I am hoping they release a high steer kit SOON! I will call EVO on Monday for gears! Good luck on the build. What tire size you going with?

Jesse_01

EVO 3.5" High Clearance Long Arm installed...

Gears are out already? Nice. I called EVO today but they were closed. I am hoping they release a high steer kit SOON! I will call EVO on Monday for gears! Good luck on the build. What tire size you going with?

Yes, gears been out for a month or so now. Installed 5.13 with 37x12.5x17 stt pro. Been running the gears, wheels & 2" coil spacer for the past month while the long arm shows up.

YOUJLUS

Man the Jeep looks awesome and mean with the 38s. I’m interested to see how the kit is with 37” nittos. I either want to do the mopar. Or go all out and get the evo Long arm like you did. Just buy once, cry once.