Spacers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So long as you get quality made spacers that bolt onto your axle and then your wheels on to them and ones that are made in the USA and you install them correctly - they should work and behave no differently than a wheel with less back spacing. I personally would recommend Spidertrax for these reasons.

With that said, running wheels with too little back spacing will cause things like your ball joints and unit bearings to wear out a bit faster but really, it's not that big of a deal.

NFRs2000NYC

So long as you get quality made spacers that bolt onto your axle and then your wheels on to them and ones that are made in the USA and you install them correctly - they should work and behave no differently than a wheel with less back spacing. I personally would recommend Spidertrax for these reasons.

With that said, running wheels with too little back spacing will cause things like your ball joints and unit bearings to wear out a bit faster but really, it's not that big of a deal.

Just for learning sake, what, in your opinion, is "too little" backspacing? 4.5?
"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just for learning sake, what, in your opinion, is "too little" backspacing? 4.5?
"

Well, technically, anything less than stock will change your scrub radius. For me personally, I prefer staying as close to stock as possible and that's why I'm running wheels with 4.75" of back spacing. 4.5" is about as little as I would go but of course, that can be hard to do being that so many wheels are 3.5". On the JK, 3.5" was kind of needed in a lot of cases to help clear things but being that the JL has wider axles and Rubicons being just about as wide as full width, I would stick with wheels that have more back spacing than not.