Stock muffler replacement

Deezus

Looking to replace the stock muffler and keep factory location. I know Dynomax had a lower profile one for the JK and the exhaust is close to the same so I thought I'd get some ideas from you guys on what would work. I would like it to be a bolt on replacement, thanks.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

JTCO

Meme King
Thanks for the link. That looks great but I'm thinking just a flat one that has one output low profile.

Matt may know the inlet and outlet specs and be able to advise you on one of their mufflers that would work instead of the entire system.

Deezus

Matt may know the inlet and outlet specs and be able to advise you on one of their mufflers that would work instead of the entire system.
That's what I want. [emoji1]

DynoMax Exhaust

Advertiser
Supporter
It is gong to be 2.5" in/out but we don't have anything that "bolts on" easily. The hangers are really a lot different than past JK types...
:(

Deezus

It is gong to be 2.5" in/out but we don't have anything that "bolts on" easily. The hangers are really a lot different than past JK types...
:(
Do you have an eta when you might have one available? Or do you have one that could be welded in?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DesertsJL

I don’t understand the desire to replace the exhaust. There is little to no performance gain. It’s not like the 3.6 really has a decent sound when opened up. Save the coin.

Now if it was a big block Chev..........exhaust is a must.

Deezus

I don’t understand the desire to replace the exhaust. There is little to no performance gain. It’s not like the 3.6 really has a decent sound when opened up. Save the coin.

Now if it was a big block Chev..........exhaust is a must.
It's for aesthetics. My new aftermarket bumper is high and tight and now the muffler looks funny plus it sticks out...

Deezus

I've done this. It works. Any high temp black will do. Auto Parts Stores sell it. The hardest thing is getting it to last long term though because most mufflers already have surface rust on them. It's hard to prep correctly.
Ok this sounds inexpensive. My buddies replaced his JK muffler with a dynomax one in same location but it was lower profile. I believe he had it welded on though...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk