Rear axle shit cause pull?

silverbullet88

My rear axle isn’t center and I am trying to chase down a pull to the passenger side while driving.

My rear axle is off center towards passenger side probably 1/2 or so. Maybe 3/4.

Thoughts? Adjustable track bar?

Already replaced front track bar

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My rear axle isn’t center and I am trying to chase down a pull to the passenger side while driving.

My rear axle is off center towards passenger side probably 1/2 or so. Maybe 3/4.

Thoughts? Adjustable track bar?

Already replaced front track bar

Thanks!

An axle shift will NOT cause a pull. What tires are you running?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
35” cooper stt pro’s. Hmm was hoping that would
be the issue.

It's entirely possible that your tires could be the cause of it. I don't have any radial pull with my 37" STT Pros but then, I've run lots of tires that have had a pull one way or the other but only in a specific size. For instance, I had strong radial pull to the left with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers but hardly any if at all in a 40".

Have you checked your tire pressure to make sure they're all the same?

silverbullet88

It's entirely possible that your tires could be the cause of it. I don't have any radial pull with my 37" STT Pros but then, I've run lots of tires that have had a pull one way or the other but only in a specific size. For instance, I had strong radial pull to the left with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers but hardly any if at all in a 40".

Yeah I was thinking that as well. I have always run all terrains in the past. I do have the mopar lift and there is some spring bow. Perhaps that could be pushing the axle in a certain direction?

Tires are aired the same. Mostly

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I was thinking that as well. I have always run all terrains in the past. I do have the mopar lift and there is some spring bow. Perhaps that could be pushing the axle in a certain direction?

Tires are aired the same. Mostly

Nope, not likely. At least, I've never seen anything like that cause a pull or a drift. Radial pull is very common especially with mud terrain tires. Back in the day, a bent end forging causing a greater degree of camber could have caused a pull as well but the JL front axle has been beefed up quite a bit and I doubt that is the cause.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Have you considered road crown pull? My JK loves to pull right on some roads, and if I cross to the opposite side while passing (e.g. two lane road), then it then pulls left.

silverbullet88

Have you considered road crown pull? My JK loves to pull right on some roads, and if I cross to the opposite side while passing (e.g. two lane road), then it then pulls left.

Yeah road crown probably plays a part in it. As well as the mud tires. I’ll have to find somewhere where I can try the other side of the road.

Wale79

I have a right pull as well. I have 37 stt pros. Im checking my tire pressure today to make sure that is not it but I thought I needed adjustable lower control arms? We do have a pretty bad road crown as well but I've tested it on different parts of the state and it seems its the jeep. Any ideas if my issue could be that I need adjustable controls arms to do a realignment?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

STROMBECK

Yes this is what I’ve had in the past radial pull.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app