LOD spare tire riser installed

Deezus

Just got my LOD spare tire riser installed, the same one Eddie has on Jet Li. My kit came with risers to curb tire bounce but required slight modification pictured below. I was gonna glue it but went for the drywall screw approach. Looks great! Just got an email that my bumpers are on the way. Woohoo. I used the JL isolators with the ones provided in the kit.20180627_170747.jpeg20180627_171056.jpeg20180627_171102.jpeg20180627_173940.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got my LOD spare tire riser installed, the same one Eddie has on Jet Li. My kit came with risers to curb tire bounce but required slight modification pictured below. I was gonna glue it but went for the drywall screw approach. Looks great! Just got an email that my bumpers are on the way. Woohoo. I used the JL isolators with the ones provided in the kit.

Nicely done - thanks for posting that up :thumb:

Deezus

On thing I did notice, I have the plastic bumpers and after install I'm not so sure I really needed it as I had plenty, maybe 3" of clearance. That being said I have new bumpers coming so its better to have that room and not need it...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On thing I did notice, I have the plastic bumpers and after install I'm not so sure I really needed it as I had plenty, maybe 3" of clearance. That being said I have new bumpers coming so its better to have that room and not need it...

Getting your spare higher up has it's advantages on the trail.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Was the riser installed on a Rubicon? If so, depending on your tire size you may not need the riser. The Rubicon OEM tire carrier is offset up and out compared to the Sport tire carrier.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Was the riser installed on a Rubicon? If so, depending on your tire size you may not need the riser. The Rubicon OEM tire carrier is offset up and out compared to the Sport tire carrier.

You know I've seen the two different tire carriers off of the Jeeps side-by-side and wondered why they look different. It never dawned on me it was for the larger Rubicon Tire.

Deezus

Yes it was.. Like I said I'm installing a aftermarket bumper so we will see...

Deezus

After installing rear bumper and license plate relocation bracket to center on spare tire I have plenty of room, about 3".

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk