JLUR Springs on a 2 Door

eg4

Hey everyone,

I recently bought my first Jeep, a 2 door JL Sport, after years of driving and modifying pickups. I plan on lifting it to fit 35's by installing JLUR springs and swapping out the shocks. I was also thinking about purchasing wheel spacers since I will be running factory steel wheels. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding shocks and wheel spacers they liked?

Also, has anyone tried swapping JLUR shocks onto a 2 door? I know it worked well on JKs.

Thanks!

IMG_1928.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, for the amount of work that's involved in installing new coils, I personally would just install a lift kit that gives you a specified amount of lift that you're wanting. But then, that's just me. Regarding wheel spacers, I personally would recommend Spidertrax.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding shocks and wheel spacers they liked?

Also, has anyone tried swapping JLUR shocks onto a 2 door? I know it worked well on JKs.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I’d go with the Rancho 2” sport kit before trying to reuse JLUR gear. The rubicon has different axles & for all (almost) anybody knows the spring diameter might be different or they may not index correctly without the rubicon isolaters & cause you tons of problems. That kits like $600 and built specifically for this application.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I’d go with the Rancho 2” sport kit before trying to reuse JLUR gear. The rubicon has different axles & for all (almost) anybody knows the spring diameter might be different or they may not index correctly without the rubicon isolaters & cause you tons of problems. That kits like $600 and built specifically for this application.

Yup, kinda what I was thinking. :yup: