Caster on the JL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, about 4°. That being said, you can bump it up a bit more and without adverse affect thanks to the FAD.

Deezus

The JK had 6 total and the JL has 4 total? I remember stock on the JK was 4.2 and 1.8 pinion if I'm correct. Just want to know what I have to play with even though I'm not going above 4" of lift anyway.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The JK had 6 total and the JL has 4 total? I remember stock on the JK was 4.2 and 1.8 pinion if I'm correct. Just want to know what I have to play with even though I'm not going above 4" of lift anyway.

6° of separation and 4° of caster.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I get it because like the JK 6 caster would have vibes.... Maybe? I mean the cad is supposed to alleviate that?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep. Being that the front drive shaft doesn't spin unless in 4WD, you can run more caster if you want and without ill effect.

Deezus

Yep. Being that the front drive shaft doesn't spin unless in 4WD, you can run more caster if you want and without ill effect.
I'm at 2.5" now and won't go above 4" and try to stay around 3.5". Waiting for coilovers price to be released and go from there. I'm gonna stay with a shortarm lift though as it performed very well on my last one.... With a mid arm lol.

Deezus

LOL!! I think that'll be a good setup :yup:
I know you've had a long arm and when I saw you put on those Evo short arms with your lift I figured you weren't I vesting in them without a reason.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know you've had a long arm and when I saw you put on those Evo short arms with your lift I figured you weren't I vesting in them without a reason.

I won't lie, I'll most likely go long arms some day but mainly because, making upgrades is what I do. That being said, I've run factory length arms with coil overs on my JK in the past and thought the ride was more than satisfactory.

Deezus

I won't lie, I'll most likely go long arms some day but mainly because, making upgrades is what I do. That being said, I've run factory length arms with coil overs on my JK in the past and thought the ride was more than satisfactory.
Upgrading what's that? Haha
What makes me think of the long arm now more than ever is how little it hangs down....its just cutting those brackets on a new Jeep makes me nervous....