Mopar explains "bowing" springs on JPP 2" Lift Kit

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
In light of the scuttlebutt regarding the bowing of the springs included in the Jeep Performance Parts 2" lift kit for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, I thought I would post this video of Mopar addressing the issue...

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! That's a new one to me but hey, I'm no engineer. Regardless, I never thought it was a problem :cool:

NFRs2000NYC

I wonder if that shock was designed to just work with a stock JL just at a lifted height, or if it was designed with large tires in mind.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lol I guess a straight spring wasn’t clearing everything just fine [emoji849][emoji23]

JAGS

That bowed spring has been causing other issues. Didn’t realize the bow was on purpose. Interesting.

I’d imagine the spring actually kind of straightens out when a wheel droops. Since the axle end rotates around a curve the curved spring kind of makes sense. Think about it, that’s why you want a Johnnie joint on your control arm. To handle the rotation through the suspension cycle.

I’m kind of impressed the more I think about it..... is this the first time something like this was done?