Rocker Panels Protection

JTCO

Meme King
If I were you, wait about 6 months to see what's available. If you do Rhino Coat, it's permanent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I were you, wait about 6 months to see what's available. If you do Rhino Coat, it's permanent.

Agreed. If it were me, I'd wait a bit until more and better options become available.

Like a film or like rock sliders? You can get a clear bra that people use for the front of cars for the time being if you just want protection from rock chips.

This is a great option as well.

AlfredoB

Well, my concern is that, due to the width of the sliders, when you put your foot on it, to enter the car, the side of your shoe will rub the paint on the rocker panel and scratch it and make it look like s}#%^.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

AlfredoB

Very interesting comments from all of you... and they make me think about what I am about to do with the Rhino coating on the rocker panel. However, my JL is bright white with the black fenders and all black accents and trim, so I think the Rhino coating just below the door edge (on the bottom of the doors) will mKe it look quite aggressive while a slim and tasteful design... will post pics tomorrow night... oh and I will have the rhino installed 2/8” thick.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Onlyone

I just installed some 3M clear cut to fit stuff on my rockers to keep the scratches down. Here’s a couple pics. Installed them on all 4 rockers. Dirty and clean.

Attachments

• 89432185-F715-4E69-9228-D92E1C842A23.jpg
    89432185-F715-4E69-9228-D92E1C842A23.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 6AAE1185-7DB7-40D7-9C21-7B92E73FCEE3.jpg
    6AAE1185-7DB7-40D7-9C21-7B92E73FCEE3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

whitelight

Door Sill / Rocker protection

Had mine covered with 3M paint protection film. Installed MOPAR door sill protectors over the film.