Clicking in front end.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else having a clicking noise at full turn front the front end? Mine sounds like a bad U joint. I have 2.5 EVO lift with 37’s.

Can't say I do. Have you checked to make sure things like your brake lines aren't rubbing the shoulder lugs of your tires? Have you made sure your tires aren't catching the front grill or fender lining?

jrzJL

Honestly no. I thought I read between 90-130 was good. I’ll redo them in the morning. It’s not a constant click. It’s 2/3 clicks at full turn, turning passenger and driver. Slight turns makes no noise.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Does the click occur just while turning when vehicle is stationary or while turning once the vehicle is in motion?

In other words, in park if you turn back and forth will it do it? Or do you have to be moving forward?

jrzJL

So I took the Jeep to the dealer yesterday for the clicking. I have seen many posts about the issue. Jeep said they were going to charge me cause I put 37’s on. So I’m gonna hit up another dealer. But how do you tighten the ball joint nuts? Most threads I read said this was most likely the cause

Zevulin

So I took the Jeep to the dealer yesterday for the clicking. I have seen many posts about the issue. Jeep said they were going to charge me cause I put 37’s on. So I’m gonna hit up another dealer. But how do you tighten the ball joint nuts? Most threads I read said this was most likely the cause

Is the dealer wanting to charge you the same one you purchased it from?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Good luck to you. Only problem with going to a different dealership is that they'll be able to see what your other dealership said about why they wanted to charge you. More than likely, they'll tow their line.