Rocker Armor???

CalsJLUR

I have had the JLUR for a week now!!! I am extremely pleased with it and can’t wait to see what it is capable of in the coming months. I do have an issue with the rocker area just below the door area. At some point over the weekend the rear drivers entry was dented (very slight) but enough to crack the paint as it is now the creased areas. Not sure if something was dropped on it, or it was caused when entering the rear passenger area or what happened, I don’t really care what caused it just want to prevent it.

This is probably a fluke and my plan is to fix the crack in the paint at the very least. I know that the aftermarket is scrambling to catch up with the JL, but are there any good options to protect this area?

Thanks in advance,

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have had the JLUR for a week now!!! I am extremely pleased with it and can’t wait to see what it is capable of in the coming months. I do have an issue with the rocker area just below the door area. At some point over the weekend the rear drivers entry was dented (very slight) but enough to crack the paint as it is now the creased areas. Not sure if something was dropped on it, or it was caused when entering the rear passenger area or what happened, I don’t really care what caused it just want to prevent it.

This is probably a fluke and my plan is to fix the crack in the paint at the very least. I know that the aftermarket is scrambling to catch up with the JL, but are there any good options to protect this area?

Thanks in advance,

Can you post up a pic? I'd be helpful to get a better understanding of what you're talking about.

AlfredoB

Well, you should go read my post about the protection of the rocker panel area... I thought of this solution PRECISELY to prevent what happened to you already. Clearly, using the rhino might be the solution to your actual problem at the moment.... it also depends upon the color
Of your JL....

JTCO

Meme King
Well, you should go read my post about the protection of the rocker panel area... I thought of this solution PRECISELY to prevent what happened to you already. Clearly, using the rhino might be the solution to your actual problem at the moment.... it also depends upon the color
Of your JL....

If the crack occurred due to a dent or crease, how would Rhino Coat protect that? Seems like if an object was forceful enough to dent the body, no coating would prevent the force. Just thinking out loud here.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Of your JL....

Rhino coat would help with rock chips. That’s about it.

AlfredoB

Well I got my JLU with the rhino installed late this evening. I am stunned by the result; the black
Line of the rhino on the white body of my Jeep looks to say the least awesome. Also , since I made the coat almost 1/4 thick, it came out very cool. Absolutely satisfied, while I was undecided before doing it.