JL JOURNAL : Jeep JL WRANGLER 3.6L V6 Pentastar Engine Oil Change

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who've already used up the 4 free oil changes that Jeep offers as a part of their Jeep Wave program or for those of you who just enjoy doing your own maintenance, this episode of the JL JOURNAL will show you just how easy it is to change the oil on a Jeep JL Wrangler and with a 3.6L V6 Pentastar motor.

A written version of this write-up along that includes tons of photos and links to where you can buy what you need can be found here: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.p...-Wrangler-3-6L-V6-Pentastar-Engine-Oil-Change

WRITE-UP : Jeep JL Wrangler 3.6L V6 Pentastar Engine Oil Change

Eazy

Love the video, when I first got the jeep home and was looking for the oil filter it took me a while to realize that a where it was located, this will be very helpful to people like myself

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MrGiant

As I only have a 30 year old YJ engine with the filter on the side of the engine, I did really wonder how well the one on the Pentastar is placed....easy access and no special oil filter tool is needed.
Seeing how easy the filter life can be reset showed me, that the oil change still can be done at home.
Thanks for the video!

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

3T426

Thanks for the informative video. As this JL being my first Wrangler, I am happy to see how easy it is to change the oil filter and now I don't have to worry about some place stripping the oil drain plug/screw.