Artec industries fender “chop” kit

JAGS

Interesting. Not sure I see the need to spend $130 on it though. The side marker would be easy enough to just use the remaining stock fender.

The front light on the remaining fender would end up facing toward the sky. So seems they’ve made the bracket come down to face forward. But looks wonky sticking out. I’d maybe just drill a whole in the grill for a DRL.

NFRs2000NYC

I mean to each their own, and I guess Im glad they are offering a solution for those that want to do this mod, I just think it's looks kind of cheap and unfinished with the fenders looking like that...but I get it, function over form and all.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Interesting. Not sure I see the need to spend $130 on it though. The side marker would be easy enough to just use the remaining stock fender.

The front light on the remaining fender would end up facing toward the sky. So seems they’ve made the bracket come down to face forward. But looks wonky sticking out. I’d maybe just drill a whole in the grill for a DRL.

Yea I agree. I think it would be easier to just wire up marker lights. I just don’t know what the JL fender supports look like so I wasn’t sure if you neeed a new support like how this kit is.

JTCO

Meme King
I like the idea. I plan on pulling the lights when I get mine, I've never liked the look. It does make it easy to spot a JL on the road though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny, when I first saw how the JL looked with the lights on the fenders, I wasn't a fan and thought for sure I'd get rid of them as soon as possible. Now that I've had my JL for a while, they've kind of grown on me and I actually really like them. Now, I'm thinking I'd like to keep my fenders the way they are as long as I can. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

I’m more with Eddie on this one. I thing the fenders look a little less finished with the lower portion removed. On the JK it was necessary for travel. Not as much on the JL.

I don’t even have the LED fender lights, and I’d still like to keep as stock for as long as possible.

I haven’t looked under the liner to see what the support structure is like. But I can imagine why you’d need something special.

Deezus

I feel the same.....i would go with a highline kit if it has a light kit as well that preserves the leds.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk