LOD tire riser with Mopar tailgate reinforcement

Bsimon187

So I ordered the Mopar spare tire kit. I received the tailgate reinforcement piece and the brake light piece. I had previously ordered the LOD spare riser piece and should have that tomorrow. I was told the Mopar part that raises the spare is on backorder and it will be a few more weeks. So my question is, do you think the LOD and Mopar will work together? The LOD looks like it is beefier than the the Mopar piece that raises it up, so it may actually be a better set up if it works. In my mind it should work great, but just curious if anyone had any experience with those pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I ordered the Mopar spare tire kit. I received the tailgate reinforcement piece and the brake light piece. I had previously ordered the LOD spare riser piece and should have that tomorrow. I was told the Mopar part that raises the spare is on backorder and it will be a few more weeks. So my question is, do you think the LOD and Mopar will work together? The LOD looks like it is beefier than the the Mopar piece that raises it up, so it may actually be a better set up if it works. In my mind it should work great, but just curious if anyone had any experience with those pieces.

Unfortunately, it won't. At least, not as is. You might be able to stack washers to help clear the reinforcement brackets but that'd be the only way you could make it work. Trust me, I tried doing this myself.

Bsimon187

Unfortunately, it won't. At least, not as is. You might be able to stack washers to help clear the reinforcement brackets but that'd be the only way you could make it work. Trust me, I tried doing this myself.

Well crap. The Mopar piece that raises it up looks pretty weak.

I might have to take a crack at it as that seems like a good solid set up.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well crap. The Mopar piece that raises it up looks pretty weak.

I might have to take a crack at it as that seems like a good solid set up.

The problem you'll encounter is that the reinforcement brackets are embossed and made to fit the factory tire carrier perfectly. The LoD bracket won't fit into this keyed fit. Like I said, you might be able to get it to work by stacking washer.