Any updates on the Off Road App

GrayBeard

Several months ago Jeep pulled the Off Road App/Program out of the JLs do to some issues. Then Jeep said they would reinstall that App/Program in the 2019s but not the 2018s. Shortly after that and I assume numerous complaints Jeep advised they would be reinstalling that App/Program in the 2018s as soon as it was up and running.

Has anyone heard anymore about this App/Program and when it will be available for our 2018s.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What was the off road app supposed to do? This is the first I’ve heard about it.

Among other things, it would allow you to see things like your gauges on your Infotainment system. A part of me has to think that maybe Jeep pulled it being that they would start getting a ton of calls from little bitch hypochondriacs freaking out over their temp being 2° too high. That or they'd obsess over what they're seeing and to the point where they drive off a cliff. :crazyeyes:

MR.Ty

A part of me has to think that maybe Jeep pulled it being that they would start getting a ton of calls from little bitch hypochondriacs freaking out over their temp being 2° too high. That or they'd obsess over what they're seeing and to the point where they drive off a cliff. :crazyeyes:

They should put it in now and not miss this opportunity to thin out the population. [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

What was the off road app supposed to do? This is the first I’ve heard about it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

All it does is show you on one big screen what you can already see on the little screen between the tack and speedo. That is there's one page with a a bunch of gauges (5?) showing oil temp, water temp, oil pressure, etc. Very much more convenient that having to scroll thru them one at a time. And there's a second page which AFAIK is exactly the same as the drivetrain status screen just bigger.

BillArnett

They promised to have an over-the-air update for current JLs. No date given. I would not be surprised if it's another few months.

GrayBeard

Still waiting for the Off Road Pages App. It is apparently in the JL/JLU/R models being built and released now. But I haven't heard or seen any info on updating the previous models that have the 8.4 screen.

I heard is was an update over/thru uconnect and no dealership visit was required.

Anyone heard anything. I sent Jeep a PM 2 days ago, no response as of yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Still waiting for the Off Road Pages App. It is apparently in the JL/JLU/R models being built and released now. But I haven't heard or seen any info on updating the previous models that have the 8.4 screen.

I heard is was an update over/thru uconnect and no dealership visit was required.

Anyone heard anything. I sent Jeep a PM 2 days ago, no response as of yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
It's being rolled out over air now. Several local friends in Michigan received yesterday. Will branch out from there

Sent via....