Major Flood Stage = In Town Fording

WWRuby_Svi

So the Mississippi hit major flood stage in the Quad Cities earlier this week and most of the roads along the river were closed to through traffic. Luckily there are still businesses and houses along parts of the road so the streets aren’t fully barricaded.

IMG_0445.JPG
Someone placed a lovey sign at the start of the water.

IMG_0446.JPG
The water is basically coming up from the storm drains and flooding the street so there isn’t a worry for fast current. The deepest part seemed to be a little over a foot deep.

IMG_0447.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG

A nice short but fun time driving through the water. A Lexus sedan tried following me for a bit but turned around after about 8 inches of water.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that's a lot of water coming in. Nice that you have a Jeep to navigate your way through it :thumb:

BillyHW

So the Mississippi hit major flood stage in the Quad Cities earlier this week and most of the roads along the river were closed to through traffic. Luckily there are still businesses and houses along parts of the road so the streets aren’t fully barricaded.

View attachment 2461
Someone placed a lovey sign at the start of the water.

View attachment 2462
The water is basically coming up from the storm drains and flooding the street so there isn’t a worry for fast current. The deepest part seemed to be a little over a foot deep.

View attachment 2463
View attachment 2464

A nice short but fun time driving through the water. A Lexus sedan tried following me for a bit but turned around after about 8 inches of water.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

This is why it's better to own a jeep, because they are ready to take on almost anything. :thumb: