Uconnect resetting

happygil78

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with their Uconnect. Mine will randomly reset. It could happen as little as 1 time in a couple of hours or as fast as 8 times in 30 minutes. I loss all my phone settings when this happens but keep all my radio presents though. As anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say that I've had this problem but I know that JeepFan here on the forum has had a host of problems with his infotainment system.

happygil78

Can't say that I've had this problem but I know that JeepFan here on the forum has had a host of problems with his infotainment system.
I have a video that I recorded yesterday showing it. I am going to be calling the dealership today about it again. I hope JeepFan sees this post and weight in on it. I would like to know what issues he is having.

JeepFan

Yup! The infotainment system in our JL randomly blue screens. It has only happened when the Jeep is started up. The only way the system recovered is if the Jeep is turned off and back on. Can you describe exactly what your Infotainment system does when it resets?

Here's a pic of my blue screen...

Bluescreen.jpg

happygil78

Yup! The infotainment system in our JL randomly blue screens. It has only happened when the Jeep is started up. The only way the system recovered is if the Jeep is turned off and back on. Can you describe exactly what your Infotainment system does when it resets?

Here's a pic of my blue screen...

View attachment 2475
If there is some way, I will send you the video I got of it resetting while I was driving.

Cargo

Unconnect resetting

The dealer told me that due to the Uconnect technology and satellite signals that there are times when you don’t get a good connection. If that’s true or not I really don’t know. But hopefully this doesn’t turn out to be a problem for us.

happygil78

The dealer told me that due to the Uconnect technology and satellite signals that there are times when you don’t get a good connection. If that’s true or not I really don’t know. But hopefully this doesn’t turn out to be a problem for us.
I think the dealer is full of it. I believe it's either a software issues or hardware issue.

bbb_fatboy

I think the dealer is full of it. I believe it's either a software issues or hardware issue.

I agree with the dealer being full of **it... he's talking about a reception issue, not a resetting issue. Should be quite difficult to mix those two up, but apparently not...
I had reception issues with the satellite radio and was cursing it, when Sirius just happened to call me to upsell me on an annual subscription. Instead they got to troubleshoot for me, and their best suggestion was an over-the-air reset. Not overly useful, kind of like turning your computer off and back on.

JeepFan

Everybody needs to take a deep breath! The JL is so new, dealers will most likely not have all the answers. I've been informed by a good source that dealers don't have software updates for the JL right now.

Make an appointment with your dealer to have the issues checked out. Maybe they will have a fix, maybe not, but at least you will have it documented with FCA.

Just my 2 cents.

happygil78

Everybody needs to take a deep breath! The JL is so new, dealers will most likely not have all the answers. I've been informed by a good source that dealers don't have software updates for the JL right now.

Make an appointment with your dealer to have the issues checked out. Maybe they will have a fix, maybe not, but at least you will have it documented with FCA.

Just my 2 cents.

I took it to the dealership today. They want to hold on it for a couple of days and contact Chrysler/Fiat. Time will tell. I will post what they say and do with it. Lucky I used my GoPro and filmed the issue.