7 inch UCONNECT issue

Mikeandikes96

Has anybody had a problem with their radio changing sources or screens while driving?

Seems to be every once in a while but it’s quite aggravating when it’s changing sources.

I can post a video later today after I get out of work

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fugi888

No issues with my 7" screen. That sucks. Stupid question but your not hitting the button behind the steering wheel, are you? Also is the button perhaps stuck causing it to change? Hope you figure it out.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mikeandikes96

No issues with my 7" screen. That sucks. Stupid question but your not hitting the button behind the steering wheel, are you? Also is the button perhaps stuck causing it to change? Hope you figure it out.

Yeah it’s quite frustrating and no it’s like someone is touching the screen it’s self because the icon it changes to lights up but no one touches it. Also I have noticed every once in a while it while change when I hit a bump so I’m thinking something is loose

happygil78

My 7" will just reset out of the blue. Some days it might happen once, other days 10 times within 30 mins. Right now the dealership and Uconnect are telling me to wait for the software patch coming in June.

JeepFan

Has anybody had a problem with their radio changing sources or screens while driving?

Seems to be every once in a while but it’s quite aggravating when it’s changing sources.

My JL will sometimes show the phone as the source when I first start it up but then after several seconds returns to Satellite radio. I'm with you! "Very aggravating"

TadL5

Radio turns off

Sometimes my radio will just turn off. First few times I thought I hit something on the steering wheel, but has happened too many times for that to be the case. Sometimes it will turn on again after about 5 seconds but sometimes I have to hit the radio power button.

Fugi888

So the other day I was sitting in my Jeep and notice that my screen was riddled with fingerprints. I grabbed a clothe that I use to clean my eyeglasses with to wipe down the screen. As soon as I was done my radio started switching between different imports and changing stations on its own. I had to go into engineering mode on the Uconnect in fix the touch calibration. If you Google 2018 Jeep JL Uconnect touch screen calibration you can find videos to help you reset the calibration. That fixed the situation for me

Sent from a galaxy far, far away using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app