JLUR issue

jrzJL

Hey guys. I have a JLUR for 4 weeks. 2.5 EVO lift on 37’s. Twice now as I’m slowing down approaching a traffic light. The Jeep thrusted and I head a bang sound as if I were rear ended. The 2nd time it felt like I ran something over with both wheels I hear boom boom. But was only driving 5mph and hit nothing. After that my radio shut down and rebooted. Any ideas???

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Which version of their kit did you get? In other words, what all components did you install?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I re-read your post and I'm wondering what you mean by "thrusted"? As in, your drive train surged for a second? Did you have your speedometer calibrated to match your 37's?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. I was slowing down and I heard a noise and it pulled forward like being rear ended. And yes I used the tazerJL To recalibrate the computer. Speedo is spot on

Hmm. Well, I don't think a lift would cause your drive train to do that so I'm gonna have to guess that the problem might be a programming issue and in regards to your 37" tires. I haven't noticed anything quite like that but there have been other quirks I've noticed from time to time since running 37's. I should note, this is with a dealership calibration too so I don't think it's a Tazer JL issue.

Rubiman_JL

Hmm. Well, I don't think a lift would cause your drive train to do that so I'm gonna have to guess that the problem might be a programming issue and in regards to your 37" tires. I haven't noticed anything quite like that but there have been other quirks I've noticed from time to time since running 37's. I should note, this is with a dealership calibration too so I don't think it's a Tazer JL issue.

What did the dealer re calibrate?

jrzJL

Jeep just called they said the bang at low idle was due to an issue with the trans computer so they updated the software. The radio cutting out they said could have been from it updating itself. But hey did say the trans computer needed an update I guess for shifting points.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep just called they said the bang at low idle was due to an issue with the trans computer so they updated the software. The radio cutting out they said could have been from it updating itself. But hey did say the trans computer needed an update I guess for shifting points.

I asked this on the other thread but just in case you missed it, did you have to take your Jeep into the dealership or were they able to do the update over the air?