Driver Side heat

The Dylan

The lower drivers side heat seems to be always on. The only way I can drive anything over 20 min is by putting the AC on. Even with the top off and windows down. My foot feel like it's on fire after a long drive. I've tried putting the running the blower with out the AC still crazy hot I hate to run the AC just keep my foot cool. Seems to only be on the driver's side. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm going to take a temperature reading tomorrow.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

The lower drivers side heat seems to be always on. The only way I can drive anything over 20 min is by putting the AC on. Even with the top off and windows down. My foot feel like it's on fire after a long drive. I've tried putting the running the blower with out the AC still crazy hot I hate to run the AC just keep my foot cool. Seems to only be on the driver's side. Any suggestions would be helpful. I'm going to take a temperature reading tomorrow.

I had the same problem with the very first JK I ever drove which was a rental. They had removed the floor mats and, critically, the drain plug in the floor. So hot air from the engine was coming in thru the hole. Even if you have your floor mats you might check to see if the drain plug is missing. Long shot but easy.

The Dylan

I had the same problem with the very first JK I ever drove which was a rental. They had removed the floor mats and, critically, the drain plug in the floor. So hot air from the engine was coming in thru the hole. Even if you have your floor mats you might check to see if the drain plug is missing. Long shot but easy.
I'll have to check it out. I think they are out right now. I'm in Florida so lots of rain so I tend to leave them out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say that we have this problem but we do have a friend with a JL who seems to be experiencing the same thing. You might want to contact the member "Jeep Cares" here on the forum and maybe they can assist you.

JTCO

Meme King

Sometimes the actuators stick. They may be electronic and the HVAC control head software is memorizing them in a certain position. Sometimes messing with the mode or temperature setting then moving it back to where it was can actually get the actuators to move to an accurate position.

The Dylan

Haven't had a chance to check but it was 104 at my foot and 74 outside with the top off and windows down. 20180503_084750.jpg

The Dylan

Sometimes the actuators stick. They may be electronic and the HVAC control head software is memorizing them in a certain position. Sometimes messing with the mode or temperature setting then moving it back to where it was can actually get the actuators to move to an accurate position.
I've tried several different positions and the only thing that help is the ac on the floor. And it gets cool. I've even tried putting the heat somewhere else but the floor still stuck on.

WWRuby_Svi

Haven't had a chance to check but it was 104 at my foot and 74 outside with the top off and windows down. View attachment 2274

This is in a pre-2012 JK with 97k miles? I kept thinking it was a new JL. Not sure how those systems work but sounds like the door is stuck to flow air to your feet. Does changing the positions actually change air flow to the vents or windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app