Lift kits on JLU sport

Camcam329

Looking for advice on a good lift kit. I don’t want a spacer kit. I want to run 35’s with a decent amount of clearance. I’ve been told a 4 inch lift is a good size? But I can’t find anything other than a 2-2.5 inch lift kit. Anything bigger is a spacer kit

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking for advice on a good lift kit. I don’t want a spacer kit. I want to run 35’s with a decent amount of clearance. I’ve been told a 4 inch lift is a good size? But I can’t find anything other than a 2-2.5 inch lift kit. Anything bigger is a spacer kit

Don't know who told you 4" would be a good size on a JL but you really shouldn't listen to them anymore as they have ZERO idea about what they're talking about. You can practically run 35's on a Rubicon bone stock and I'm currently running 37's with 2.5" of lift. 2" really is all you need to clear them and as mentioned, both Mopar and Rancho have great kits that will give you what you're looking for.

NFRs2000NYC

He's got a sport, so without the rubicon fenders, he wants to get "cheap clearance" with more lift. While you'll succeed in clearing 35s with 4" of lift, it's a bad BAD idea.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
He's got a sport, so without the rubicon fenders, he wants to get "cheap clearance" with more lift. While you'll succeed in clearing 35s with 4" of lift, it's a bad BAD idea.

Well, like I said, you can pretty much run 35's at stock height with Rubicon fenders. On a Sport or Sahara, I'm pretty sure you can make it work with just 2" of lift. I should note that going 4" would come with other problems in addition to having a center of gravity that's way too high and looking stupid on top of that. Even at just 2.5" of lift, I have found problems and limitations that would need to be addressed if I were to go any taller.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. Off topic, would love to see a thread where you catalog those problems that you’ve found (unless I missed it somewhere)

Yeah, been meaning to make a post about it. Just been crazy busy working on our Moab videos. I'll try to get to it soon.

GrayBeard

Here is a picture of mine with a 2" suspension lift and 35" tires. There is plenty of clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_20180420_134122_454.jpg
    IMG_20180420_134122_454.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 64