Easy, affordable upgrades

Kbao35

Hey what’s up y’all, I just got a JLU Sahara and I was wondering if there were any nice and cheap upgrades I could make right off the bat. And if I were to get new wheels+tires and sold the stock tires/wheels on eBay would anybody actually buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to JLWRANGLER, it's good to have you here!

Regarding cheap easy mods, I suppose it would help to know what you're wanting to do.

As far as your wheels/tires go, so long as they're priced right, someone would buy them.

aug0211

AntennaX or another brand shorty antenna [emoji1360] Cheap, easy, and looks great.

Did your JLU come with the fuel door, or no? Some early builds did not, later Saharas seem to have them though. If you don’t have one, they run about $100 and can be installed easily and look good.

RMC2

JLWrangler stickers. They are cheap and add 10 horsepower. Available from Eddie.

I need to get some new stickers myself.

JLSahara

I also have a Sahara.

Cheap mods added so far:

Mopar rubber floor mats.
Mopar covered Gas Cap.
Mopar grib handles.
Mopar screen protector.
Military USA flag decal.
Tint all around.

Cheap individually but they surely added up together lol. I want to add that Short antenna too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillArnett

Hey what’s up y’all, I just got a JLU Sahara and I was wondering if there were any nice and cheap upgrades I could make right off the bat. And if I were to get new wheels+tires and sold the stock tires/wheels on eBay would anybody actually buy them?

My wife insisted on extra grab handles. I like the Mopar ones. They’re cheap and easy to install (though Mopar’s instructions suck big time).

captainrandal

I finally had my first "upgrade" Really really difficult. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_150437712_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180604_150437712_HDR.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_20180604_150524663_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180604_150524663_HDR.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 355

Seflinator

I also have a Sahara.

Cheap mods added so far:

Mopar rubber floor mats.
Mopar covered Gas Cap.
Mopar grib handles.
Mopar screen protector.
Military USA flag decal.
Tint all around.

Cheap individually but they surely added up together lol. I want to add that Short antenna too.

Hey JLSaharacon
What tinting did you use and is it a hard top (I assume you’re talking windows)? I want to tint as well but have the soft top. Not sure how to tint reliably.
Dana

Seflinator

One other question about the grab handles. They all seem to rely on the plastic synch point and I worry about it breaking. Of course it would break when weight is on them ... the worst possible time! Anyone have a problem like this or is they a brand that doesn’t have that?

JLSahara

Hey JLSaharacon
What tinting did you use and is it a hard top (I assume you’re talking windows)? I want to tint as well but have the soft top. Not sure how to tint reliably.
Dana

It is 33% all around, including windshield. Yes, I do have the hard top.

Regarding the handles, the Mopar ones don’t seem very durable at first but after installing and using them over a month to get in the car and I don’t see any sign of wear or tear.

Eazy

Ive done only cosmetic upgrades, waiting for more real world review on products before I jump on the bigger ticket items . My first ones were;
Grab handle front and rear
Cargo cubby liner thing
Weather tech floor mats
Mopar roof rack kit
Yakima basket
Tint
JL wrangler stinger [emoji6]

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

BillArnett

The Mopar grab handles attach with two metal brackets and two screws into the frame above the door. They look very strong. (And they don’t squeak like the Velcro-attached ones I had in my JK).

Last edited: