315-70-17 tires on stock gate

Cruuzer

I’m going the 2’ mopar lift with 315-70-17 K02s

Questions:

- i think i can get away with the tire on the stock tailgate, is there any reason I shouldn’t be able to?

- if i reuse the stock wheels, do i need wheel spacers? Again don’t think i do, but has anyone who installed one yet needed spacers yet?

Thanks- I appreciate it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You just NEED to make sure that the rubber isolators press firmly against the sidewall of your spare and you should be good to go. Also, you'll need to be careful when wheeling as if your spare catches a ledge, it can do damage to your tailgate.

offcamber

No issues with mine.
20180430_162335-X5.jpg

aug0211

How about relo brackets? Is the verdict in on whether they’re needed for 315s/35s?

I think the last I had seen was that they were fine on Rubis with steel bumper group, but might need the relo bracket for anyone without steel bumper group. Is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How about relo brackets? Is the verdict in on whether they’re needed for 315s/35s?

I think the last I had seen was that they were fine on Rubis with steel bumper group, but might need the relo bracket for anyone without steel bumper group. Is that right?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Honestly, I think it depends on the 315. Not all tires are made alike and some are definitely bigger and some are smaller. Also, a 315 is a BIG 35" tire. A true 35 would be a 305.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, that makes sense!

Ok, how about for a Ridge Grappler (35x12.5r17)? Any chance we happen to know that already?

Without having tried it, I couldn't tell you for sure but Ridge Grapplers are pretty big. That being said, of the people who I've seen run big 35's, the spare just sat on the bumper. A tight fit for sure but in a way, maybe in a good way.

Cruuzer

Ill play with this on the gate and take pics to share. I have some old Jk isolators , ill seee if they will work as offsets

BTW- 315 BFGK02’s are on national back order (in load range C)

But guess what i found! I found some Raptor take offs with no mileage on them! They are in load range C, i heard they were a certain spec made for ford, but for $150 each, i felt its worth the risk!

That maybe something for people here to look out for!

13_gecko_rubi

Ill play with this on the gate and take pics to share. I have some old Jk isolators , ill seee if they will work as offsets

BTW- 315 BFGK02’s are on national back order (in load range C)

But guess what i found! I found some Raptor take offs with no mileage on them! They are in load range C, i heard they were a certain spec made for ford, but for $150 each, i felt its worth the risk!

That maybe something for people here to look out for!

The load rage C 315 KO2s ARE the raptor tires. So good find. They work well on Jeeps, know folks who run them. One of the few if not only C rated 35s you can find.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cruuzer

Does anyone think that i need spacers to run the stock wheels...

I’m curious on that, don’t think i need too, but i have been wrong before.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone think that i need spacers to run the stock wheels...

I’m curious on that, don’t think i need too, but i have been wrong before.

On a Rubicon, you shouldn't have any problems being that the axles are now 68" wide. I would think you could on a Sport or Sahara too but being that I don't have one, it'd be hard to say for sure.