JL aux switch wiring.

tallguy26

Does anyone have a wire diagram for the aux switch wires under the hood? Also what do i do if my jeep didn't come with the wire connector kit? I have a pair of PIAA driving lights I want to install. Thanks.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Does anyone have a wire diagram for the aux switch wires under the hood? Also what do i do if my jeep didn't come with the wire connector kit? I have a pair of PIAA driving lights I want to install. Thanks.

If you don't already have the switches, it will likely be pretty expensive to install. They're about 200-300 bucks for the kit:

IMG_20180428_212644_582.jpg

I don't know of a wiring diagram, but this is from the owner's manual:

IMG_20180428_212507_841.jpg

IMG_20180428_212447_581.jpg

Are the lights halogen or LED? If LED, you can likely do without a relay. Basically wire the ground wire of the lights to anything metal near the lights. As far as the power wire, run it to a power wire and wire your switch inline on that power wire. If they're halogen, did the lights come with a relay or harness?

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

I assume by your question you have them but just don't have the connector kit. It's not really a connector. It comes with shrink wrap and solder junctions. Just need to tie the positives for the lights to the aux wire and then negatives to chassis.

Switch 1 and 2 are 40 amp circuits
Switch 3 and 4 are 15 amp circuits

Sent via....

ocrejects

Thanks every one. Yes I already have the switches from factory. And they are LED. Now I just have to wait for the mopar winch guard to come in and I will be able to mount them.

Hi, I just hooked up my 7 inch Mopar LED lights to my # 4 auxiliary switch. You can use three or 4, do not use one or two. If I remember correctly the green’s for #4 and the orange is #3 on the auxiliary switches and those are the two smaller wires. The two bigger wires are for 1 and 2

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

tallguy26

Hi, I just hooked up my 7 inch Mopar LED lights to my # 4 auxiliary switch. You can use three or 4, do not use one or two. If I remember correctly the green’s for #4 and the orange is #3 on the auxiliary switches and those are the two smaller wires. The two bigger wires are for 1 and 2

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Why shouldn't I use the 40amp line? My lights are rated at 28 amps total

BillArnett

Just connect the "white with red dots" wire to the Aux 1 or 2 wire (one of the larger ones) and the black wire to ground. The Aux switches are already fused. The relay is not needed. Then go into the Settings app on the UConnect screen and configure the switch per your preferences.

I'm really having trouble finding the wires under the passenger side dash. The ones under the hood were a pain to find, but super easy to hook up to my light bar...power wire to aux switch wire, then ground and done!

JTCO

Meme King
I'm really having trouble finding the wires under the passenger side dash. The ones under the hood were a pain to find, but super easy to hook up to my light bar...power wire to aux switch wire, then ground and done!

That picture I posted in post 2 is from the owner's manual and it sounds like you might have to remove the passenger side kick panel to see them visibly.