Rubicon auto sway bar disconnect

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You can use it in 4HI or 4LO but it will reconnect if you drive too fast. If I recall, I think it'll reconnect at something like 15 MPH.

Rubiconchris

This will be my first time having this feature and was wondering how well it works? Is it stubborn? Do you need to stop? I'm sure all my answer will be in my owners manual. But at this rate I may not see my Rubi til July.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

justin mazzon

Talked to the dealer. He thought it can only be used in 4LO and reconnects at 30MPH, but he seemed very unsure. I'm hoping it does that and works in 4HI for a smoother off road ride.

13_gecko_rubi

yz kid

I am planning to get the 2.5 inch rock krawler lift, will I still have the electronic sway bar disconnect and locking diffs?

ubbb69

I am planning to get the 2.5 inch rock krawler lift, will I still have the electronic sway bar disconnect and locking diffs?

Yes it will not change. What it will add if in the x series family is quick disconnect links for the sway bar.

NFRs2000NYC

I found on the JK the reconnect part can be quite long. Not sure if the axle needs to be level or what, but I remember once trying to reconnect while on a trail and it took forever to reconnect.

Waiting

Per the Owners Manual, it can disconnect in 4L (and 4H) and it reconnect at speed. Uneven ground my prevent a re-connection and a warning light will display.

BillArnett

In order for it to disconnect you need to relieve the tension on the sway bar. IE the front axle needs to be more or less level. It takes a second or two so in addition you need to be on a more or less smooth spot so the suspension isn't working.

You can always add manual disconnect links if you want.

Tellico

My previous Wrangler was a TJ and I did the manual “quick” disconnect methods for years and years. The electronic disconnect has been one of the most satisfying features since moving into the JL. I pushed the sway bar button once when getting off-road and didn’t even have to touch it again. I put the T-case back into 2-wheel drive and the sway bar automatically reconnects. Love it.