7 to 8.4” Will it fit?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would imagine that you'd just have to change the bezel to make it work. Shouldn't be an issue.

13_gecko_rubi

You will probably be able to do it some day but it's not a straight swap. You need to flash vehicle to recognize it, add the gps antenna, and a few other things.

How long ago did you order it?

Sent via....

Last edited:

NFRs2000NYC

You should be able to modify an order provided it is in the early stage of production. I'd be furious and demand the dealer either fix it (modify the order), or order me another vehicle and eat the one they ordered for the lot.

YAHAHA

If they won't modify the order, cancel and re-order.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

ubbb69

Uconnect nav

I have had the uconnect navigation on the last 4 vehicles we have owned. We would try to use it every once in a while but always found our phones to work better. I skipped it with the jl and have not missed it at all. Car play is perfect nav when we need it. Also to date the 7" seems snappier then the larger screens in my ram and the wifes srt charger. I am happy with it and have no regrets going this route.

RMC2

You will be missing the other bits and pieces. Maybe you can get them to make a significant discount. Otherwise, get a new order in and see if you can get it prioritized.

If it isn’t too far along, they can make changes.

kculp@yahoo.com

The bigger screen includes Alpine speakers and powered subwoofer. Award winning tech and the screen is glare free, best I've ever seen in a new vehicle. Had mine for about a month now, definitely worth the money if you can afford it. Don't just ask for the head unit to be retrofitted, order the entire package.

ubbb69

The bigger screen includes Alpine speakers and powered subwoofer. Award winning tech and the screen is glare free, best I've ever seen in a new vehicle. Had mine for about a month now, definitely worth the money if you can afford it. Don't just ask for the head unit to be retrofitted, order the entire package.

Same screen that has been in all Chrysler and ram products since 2012. The 7” and 8.4 both come with Alpine option. Only difference is the navigation and bigger screen. The 8.4 we have in an Srt charger and a Ram Laramie both 2016 models. Both feel laggy compared to the 7” in the jl. And yeah the 8.4 in the jl has same laggy feel as we test drove one with it also.

BillArnett

Hah. You haven’t seen a Tesla: 17” screen (no typo; seventeen inch) with real Google maps.

(Sorry, I couldn’t help myself :)