Winch finally installed

JTCO

Meme King
I'm going to be shopping for a winch and plate very soon. Which Zeon has the 90 degree clutch engagement for the JL? I was only going to get a 8000 lb because I'm getting a 2 door. Or is that a bad idea?

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

The 8 and 10 are identical housings. If your budget allows, get the 10. I have the 8 on my 6k WJ and have used it several times even in deep uphill snow and it gets the job done.

Rubiconchris

The 8 and 10 are identical housings. If your budget allows, get the 10. I have the 8 on my 6k WJ and have used it several times even in deep uphill snow and it gets the job done.
I thought I'd be saving some weight and money with the 8000lb version. I have 6-8 weeks to figure it out. A winch is always my first mod. I have a m8000 and 9.5i that have seen their share of vehicles. I hope the zeon treats me as well as they did.

JTCO

Meme King
I thought I'd be saving some weight and money with the 8000lb version. I have 6-8 weeks to figure it out. A winch is always my first mod. I have a m8000 and 9.5i that have seen their share of vehicles. I hope the zeon treats me as well as they did.

Same weight. I am pretty sure that the only difference is the internal gear ratio:

IMG_20180421_203611_879.jpg

IMG_20180421_203644_615.jpg

I installed my winch today, too. It is a Smittybilt XRC9500 Comp. The installation was fairly smooth, but took me awhile with the help of a buddy. I'll have to post a pic or two tomorrow. I'm too bushed tonight to take one.

OP, yours looks great!

Erockhopper

They are sweet! I have stocked a few Rubicon owners that I have come across in parking lots with that upgraded bumper, hoping to find one willing to part with theirs for a nominal fee, but no takers yet.

I don’t get why you want that bumper but don’t take off the end caps, especially if you aren’t going to run a winch? Hoping to find someone who just had it as part of a dealer lot package.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Back In Black

So I have to do that same work here real soon.
Have a Zeon 10S, and the Warn Plate sitting in the garage - unfortunately I have ‘To Do’s’ that are supposedly more important to the lady of the house than wrenching on the Jeep.

They just don’t get it!!! Or maybe they do get it, but don’t give a shit - How dare her :D

ambrose

You guys pushed me over the edge. Just ordered the 10-S and winch plate (there are a few in stock on Amazon). My pocketbook hates you.

JTCO

Meme King
You guys pushed me over the edge. Just ordered the 10-S and winch plate (there are a few in stock on Amazon). My pocketbook hates you.

Congrats. It's a good looking winch and if you ever do have to use it, it'll be there for you.