Alpine stereo upgrade question

Rubiconchris

I was curious if the upgraded Alpine system in the JL is better than the Alpine system that was in the JK? I noticed the sub is in the side of the cargo area on the JL and my JK had the sub in the floor. I did order the upgraded nav with the alpine so I'm wondering how it is? It did sound great in my JK.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yup. It’s pretty nice. I had the 2010 JK version with the side sub & this definitely sounds better, but the issue was the head unit. Once I replaced the 430 (radio/cd player no nav) it was amazing. The new one has active noise cancellation which uses some form of witchcraft to make your Jeep quieter too. I don’t think you can replace the uconnect without messing all that up. The sound is good & I’ve used Siri with the windows down so I’m happy.

WWRuby_Svi

I didn’t have it in my jk but the one in the JL is awesome, way better than standard JK.

I’m not an audiophile by any means but I think the JL sounds way better than the upgraded speakers with amp I put in my car.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was curious if the upgraded Alpine system in the JL is better than the Alpine system that was in the JK? I noticed the sub is in the side of the cargo area on the JL and my JK had the sub in the floor. I did order the upgraded nav with the alpine so I'm wondering how it is? It did sound great in my JK.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WAY BETTER than what I got in my 2012 and CRAZY BETTER than what I got in my 2007. I can say this because I still own both and can compare all 3. :yup:

JAGS

^ What eddie said. The volume and clarity is nothing like my upgraded 2012 premium package. The noise cancelation feature is also great.