Rain Gutters too short

KWire

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you have experienced the same problem I have when it rains.

I have a 2018 JL Sahara with the removable hard top. When it rains and I open either the drivers side or passenger side door I get a steady stream of water running out the front of the rain gutter and all over the door and into the driving compartment. It makes it hard to get into the Jeep without getting soaked and there is a puddle inside on the floor mat.

I know this has been a wet spring here in NW Ohio, and somebody will suggest moving to the dry SW USA, but that's not an option at this time :D.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks, Keith

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we've been running a Trektop with poorly fitting half doors on our JK's for years and to us, just being able to keep out the rain at all is nothing short of amazing. That it leaks into our Jeep ONLY when we open the door makes us feel like we're driving a luxury SUV :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Well, we've been running a Trektop with poorly fitting half doors on our JK's for years and to us, just being able to keep out the rain at all is nothing short of amazing. That it leaks into our Jeep ONLY when we open the door makes us feel like we're driving a luxury SUV :crazyeyes:

[emoji23] ok, that’s funny

Rhinebeck01

Hi all,

I have a 2018 JL Sahara with the removable hard top. When it rains and I open either the drivers side or passenger side door I get a steady stream of water running out the front of the rain gutter and all over the door and into the driving compartment. It makes it hard to get into the Jeep without getting soaked and there is a puddle inside on the floor mat.

I know this has been a wet spring here in NW Ohio, and somebody will suggest moving to the dry SW USA, but that's not an option at this time :D.

Thanks, Keith

Yes, some JLU owner's have mentioned this... I guess it is what it is. Maybe, this shortcoming is why FCA came out with their All Weather Floor Mat offering with the cutesy drain hole that drains water out through the floor board.. :cheesy:

Taxman

I’d be more concerned if your Jeep wasn’t getting wet inside.

My Jeeps have always had three properties: 1) they leak, 2)they’re slow and 3) they’re loud.

If I arrive at my destination dry, early and with hearing, chances are I drove my wife’s Yukon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

KWire

Well, I don't mind it so much, but the wife is not happy... We had a Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer edition) for the last 12 years and she never got wet just getting in and out like in the JL.

I've got the new mats with the drain stopper but...

I may try a rain gutter extension that is available for RVs, something like one of these.

Gutter Spout

Gutter Extension

If it works I'll let everyone know.

Keith

RMC2

I’m happy when my jk hardtop doesn’t leak with the doors closed.

I will watch for this when my JL shows up.

Hi all,

Thanks, Keith

Nope it’s been rainy here in Raleigh & I haven’t seen that. Is it happening in your driveway? Maybe back in so it drains the opposite way?

KWire

Nope it’s been rainy here in Raleigh & I haven’t seen that. Is it happening in your driveway? Maybe back in so it drains the opposite way?

Yes it happens in my driveway, which is mostly level. Seems like it pools up on the roof and when I open the door and step on the running board my weight ( I'm only 165lb ;) ) is enough to move the water to the side where it is caught by the rain gutters and it gushes out the front of the gutter and down the inside of the door and onto the floor mat.

I'm sure I'll figure something out, until then it is just a minor annoyance.

Keith

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yes it happens in my driveway, which is mostly level. Seems like it pools up on the roof and when I open the door and step on the running board my weight ( I'm only 165lb ;) ) is enough to move the water to the side where it is caught by the rain gutters and it gushes out the front of the gutter and down the inside of the door and onto the floor mat.

I'm sure I'll figure something out, until then it is just a minor annoyance.

Keith

JK Jeeps do that, too. The drip channel you have, is that way because your top is removable. You have to remember, this is a Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JK Jeeps do that, too. The drip channel you have, is that way because your top is removable. You have to remember, this is a Jeep.

This ^^^^

If the top weren't removable, you wouldn't have this problem. If you NEVER remove your top, I'll bet you could do something to help prevent the drips.

JLSahara

It doesn’t rain here much until it does and all the streets are flooded lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kole miller

Rain gutter too short

Yes i have 2018 rubicon and switched hard to soft ans steady stream rain when open doors both driver and passenger its a problem