At Last

BillArnett

I took possession of my new JLUR today after what seemed like an interminable wait but was in fact on the short end of what the dealer originally estimated. But that was the best part. Everything else about this experience sucked. The FCA tracking system maintained that my JL was in Ohio up until AFTER it was delivered to my dealer in CA. The arrangement I had with my dealer to upgrade the tires, wheels and lift was turned out to be a complete waste of time and effort. After negotiating for hours I ended up just taking the JL bone-stock. I will get the rest done by an after-market shop. My wife and I almost walked out on the whole deal we were so frustrated with the dealer’s antics.

But in the end we have a shiny new JLUR sitting in our driveway :eek: And now we can begin the process of fixing it up to our liking. I’m expecting that to be a lot more fun.

Pics tomorrow.

Rhinebeck01

snipe:
After negotiating for hours I ended up just taking the JL bone-stock. I will get the rest done by an after-market shop. My wife and I almost walked out on the whole deal we were so frustrated with the dealer’s antics.

But in the end we have a shiny new JLUR sitting in our driveway :eek: And now we can begin the process of fixing it up to our liking. I’m expecting that to be a lot more fun.

Pics tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing the pics! Not for nothing, but you saved lots of $ by not having the dealer "upgrade the tires, wheels and lift". The stealership undoubtedly would have bent you over the desk so to speak, in regard to those changes. You would have have paid way more then you will, doing these upgrades after the purchase of your JLU.

RMC2

Congrats and enjoy. Yep, you will save money doing it yourself, even if you pay a shop for install. Then you can sell your tires and wheels and recoup some money.

13_gecko_rubi

I took possession of my new JLUR today after what seemed like an interminable wait but was in fact on the short end of what the dealer originally estimated. But that was the best part. Everything else about this experience sucked. The FCA tracking system maintained that my JL was in Ohio up until AFTER it was delivered to my dealer in CA. The arrangement I had with my dealer to upgrade the tires, wheels and lift was turned out to be a complete waste of time and effort. After negotiating for hours I ended up just taking the JL bone-stock. I will get the rest done by an after-market shop. My wife and I almost walked out on the whole deal we were so frustrated with the dealer’s antics.

Pics tomorrow.

This is going to be a common thing out west right now as far as delivery. The entire rail network out west is jammed and they are short on rail cars by the thousands. So they are shipping them by truck to get them to customers. Since this isn’t the normal process there is no great way to track them. If your dealer says they are sitting in Marion, OH it means it is or was at the holding yard and is likely coming to you by truck.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RMC2

This is going to be a common thing out west right now as far as delivery. The entire rail network out west is jammed and they are short on rail cars by the thousands. So they are shipping them by truck to get them to customers. Since this isn’t the normal process there is no great way to track them. If your dealer says they are sitting in Marion, OH it means it is or was at the holding yard and is likely coming to you by truck.

Good to know.
Now I just need my JK back.

BillArnett

Thanks! That puts a whole different spin on it: FCA is incurring extra expense to get me my Jeep sooner. As a shareholder I wouldn't be very happy but as a customer it feels just right :)

BillArnett

I took my new JLU for a spin on some twisty pavement this afternoon. What a HUGE improvement over my 2011 JK! The engine/transmission is so much better I can't begin to describe it. And the on-road handling is almost like a real car. OK, not really, but FCA seems to have managed to tame the ancient live axle suspension well enough that I don't feel like I'm about to lose control every time I take a corner a little too fast.

Let's just hope that 37s and a lift doesn't make it too much worse. Then after babying it for the 300 mile break-in period bring on the rocks!

ocrejects

Let the build begin!

Pics tomorrow.

Sorry to hear your bad experience, but for every bad thing good things happen as well can you got your new JLUR! I have been so frustrated with this whole experience that I tweeted today and got a response immediately. What’s really funny, is that the dealer called me today around 4 PM and told me my Rubicon was in when in fact they just told the dealer and myself when I called that was to three weeks away unbelievable. So I’m driving to Vegas tomorrow to get my new JLUR and coming home and starting the build. I’ve had everything in my garage from most a month. The only thing I don’t have is the cold air intake which I’m still waiting on. I have shopped around for over two months and if you want any information on who has the best prices hit me up I’ll be glad to help you.