Rubicon to Sport springs, crazy?

Erockhopper

This may be a little backwards but I am wanting to run 35’s on my Rubicon JLU. I ran 35’s on my JK and for a daily driver, really like the set up. I ran the EVO 3” Enforcer with the King shocks and in my opinion it’s not all that different from the stock JL ride.

EVO has their 2.5” JL lift out and thinking of going with JL Boost kit. The Boost kit allows for 35” tires on a non-rubi models. I am thinking of selling my rubi springs and putting in Sport springs allowing me to run 35’s while still maintaining a LCG. From what I can tell the Rubi springs are netting about 1 1/2 inch lift on Sports, so the reverse would work as well, yes?

If I kept my Rubi shocks on for now, I probably won’t need the shock relocation until I am ready for new shocks. The boost kit comes with a new set of lower arms, just like my JK lift. I just don’t see this setup being much different than what I ran on my JK.

Would this be a backwards move, or am I overthinking this? It’s really in the springs, so are the less “heavy duty” or is it just a factory built in lift?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Erockhopper

So you want to put a 2” lift on and then lower it 1.5”? I’m confused. Why even lift it?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I was calculating about a 1 inch gain between the 2.5 lift and the sport springs.

1 inch would be the difference between running 35’s and 37’s on the EVO Enforcer lift on the JK, so for me it would be worth it.

I was thinking if a 3” lift ran 35’s on a JK then a 2.5” lift should clear them on a JL. That and I believe the 2.5 lift with my Rubicon springs would be too much lift, if that combination will clear 37’s. I also checked and EVO does not plan on putting out a lift smaller than the current 2.5 lift.

But that’s why I was looking for feedback, so thanks!

Taxman

I’d keep the Rubicon coils. You’re not accounting for coil sag and the addition of accessories, heavier bumpers, winch, heavier spare, etc. I plan on running 35s with the EVO boost kit. I’ve seen photos of 35s with the 2” kit and it looks great.

YAHAHA

Why not just run 35s with no lift to achieve the LCG?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JTCO

Meme King
I think you're overthinking it, but.... if you are happy with the ride and want to clear larger tires with a LCOG stance, you could always 1) trim 2) add a one inch spacer to the springs 3) adjust bump stops as needed to keep tires from hitting fenders.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you can pretty much run 35's on a Rubicon without any lift. You will need to do some trimming and maybe install taller bump stop extensions but that'll pretty much get you what you're wanting and with a whole lot less work.