New Jeep, long shot question hopefully someone knows...

Stuff

nacho.jpg

Howdy everyone! Picked up my new Nacho JL Sport S on Friday, been taking it easy and planning the mods... identified the first thing that I'd like to change, and that's the entry system. I have the regular keyless entry system and I'd love it if I could upgrade to the proximity keyless entry. The stupid thing is, if I didn't have the push button start I'd be perfectly happy with the entry system I have. I just find it awkward to take the key out to unlock the doors and then put them back in and just use the push button start. :p

I've been talking to a vendor and identified the door parts/wiring I need to buy, the vendor doesn't know if it'll work or not (understandably so). Just wondering/hoping that someone out there knows if it'll work or if trying to upgrade like this is a waste of time? I could go aftermarket but I'd rather have factory stuff.

Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As others have mentioned, outstanding color! Congrats to you. Regarding the rest, good luck to you.

13_gecko_rubi

Installing the keyless entry system especially in a sport is going to be next to impossible unless mopar comes out with a kit. You need the modules that go in each door but more importantly you need the wiring to them. This is part of the dash harness. Sports don't offer that feature so none of the wiring is there. That would be a ton of work. Plus then you have to actually program the jeep to know it's there. Again the sports don't offer it so no easy way to do that. Best bet is hope mopar releases something.

Sent via....

Stuff

Installing the keyless entry system especially in a sport is going to be next to impossible unless mopar comes out with a kit. You need the modules that go in each door but more importantly you need the wiring to them. This is part of the dash harness. Sports don't offer that feature so none of the wiring is there. That would be a ton of work. Plus then you have to actually program the jeep to know it's there. Again the sports don't offer it so no easy way to do that. Best bet is hope mopar releases something.

Sent via....

Gotcha, that makes sense. I knew it was a long shot but I had to try, thank you so much for answering. :)

And thanks for the complements on the color guys, after having to sell my beloved Dozer JK Unlimited a year ago, I had to get this one asap... I knew they were rare but 1 in 63? Wow. :D