JLU Soft Top Installation Instructions

RMC2

Check youtube, I think I saw something there. Not quite soft top weather on this side of MO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, been meaning to get our installed for a while now but unfortunately, winter came in late. It is starting to get nice out now and we'll be sure to do a JL Journal on this as soon as we can.

Kole miller

Soft top instructions

Just switched to soft top no instructions leave soft top rolled up as packaged once set in rear unlock it remove middle plastic in center of each rear roll bar factory plastic just pulls off middle piece 2 holes hidden for brackets to mount when u assemble piece behind passenger doors small rubber gasket fits between pieces then just put rails up as u tube videos show thigs i mentioned are the small details make life easy not in video

GrayBeard

Just switched to soft top no instructions leave soft top rolled up as packaged once set in rear unlock it remove middle plastic in center of each rear roll bar factory plastic just pulls off middle piece 2 holes hidden for brackets to mount when u assemble piece behind passenger doors small rubber gasket fits between pieces then just put rails up as u tube videos show thigs i mentioned are the small details make life easy not in video
What about bracket mounting. Any instructions for rear roll bar mounts and connecting soft top to them. Front seat and rear seat roll bar/door frame mounts appear easy to figure out.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Taxman

Pick a warm day and leave the soft top out in direct sunlight for about an hour. It'll make installation a lot easier. Ask me how I know. :crazyeyes:

Landshark

Yeah, been meaning to get our installed for a while now but unfortunately, winter came in late. It is starting to get nice out now and we'll be sure to do a JL Journal on this as soon as we can.

Hi Eddie, I did a soft top install last night and took video. Can I send you the raw videos as I do not have an editor and this is my first install write up. I would appreciate it if you could have a look at them .

Landshark

I already created the video jackass. I was asking for it to be reviewed and possibly edited for others to benefit! I have never done a write up and wanted to make sure it was good enough to use! But I guess you speak for everyone! All I was doing was asking for some help!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
I already created the video jackass. I was asking for it to be reviewed and possibly edited for others to benefit! I have never done a write up and wanted to make sure it was good enough to use! But I guess you speak for everyone! All I was doing was asking for some help!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Video reviewing and editing takes a ton of time! Your PC likely came with some basic software to diy it. If you're happy with it and want to share it, just do it!