D1 Status and EJS rumors of Mopar 2" lift coils snapping.

cliff538

Stopped into dealer today to check on my order, now in D1 status which I guess means all the parts are together and it's ready for build. 70 days and counting.... ; )

The dealer also mentioned the record March orders for Wranglers, over 27,000 orders for the month which is a record. Lack of Leather seats and LED lights were the big holdups on custom orders. Oh, and some record wait times for rail cars are causing big delays too. They have seen 40 day waits after the build and inspection just waiting for an open rail car for shipment.

Dealer said he heard of two different Mopar 2" lift coil breaking instances at EJS. Their shop had not installed any yet but he was wondering what they were saying on the forums.

Any of you guys out at EJS hear of any problems?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EJS was a week ago and while I was there, I hadn't seen or heard of any coils snapping. Sure would like to see pics of this.

cliff538

EJS was a week ago and while I was there, I hadn't seen or heard of any coils snapping. Sure would like to see pics of this.

Thank you sir. I sure would like to see pictures too. I have not heard of this anywhere else so was surprised to hear it from the dealer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you sir. I sure would like to see pictures too. I have not heard of this anywhere else so was surprised to hear it from the dealer.

Well, I wouldn't say that it couldn't happen, it's just hard to take a rumor coming from a dealer seriously without some kind of proof.

RMC2

Jeep.com told me mine was held up due to a shortage of led lights. But my dealer and another individual said I was still on track this week. Was in D1, so that would line up.

Curious about the “broken” coils.

cliff538

Jeep.com told me mine was held up due to a shortage of led lights. But my dealer and another individual said I was still on track this week. Was in D1, so that would line up.

Curious about the “broken” coils.

RMC2, did you order leather and LED package? Dual top group?

How many days since your order? I'm told my delays are mainly due to leather and LED group. Sounds like once it's built the bigger issue is getting it on a rail car.

cliff538

Well, I wouldn't say that it couldn't happen, it's just hard to take a rumor coming from a dealer seriously without some kind of proof.

I agree!

Texted the dealer and asked him where he heard it. Said from a local 4x4 shop owner who took his new JLU to EJS. Next week when I'm home I'll stop in and ask the shop owner what he knows.

RMC2

RMC2, did you order leather and LED package? Dual top group?

How many days since your order? I'm told my delays are mainly due to leather and LED group. Sounds like once it's built the bigger issue is getting it on a rail car.

Almost 5 weeks.
LED and dual top. No leather. The reported holdup was for the LEDs. A little concerned about the line for being put on a railcar too. Seems it takes 3 weeks just from train departure to truck offload for my dealer in AR. I checked Jeep Cares today, but no update yet.

cliff538

Almost 5 weeks.
LED and dual top. No leather. The reported holdup was for the LEDs. A little concerned about the line for being put on a railcar too. Seems it takes 3 weeks just from train departure to truck offload for my dealer in AR. I checked Jeep Cares today, but no update yet.

Keep us posted...

ocrejects

Spoke to jeep.com yesterday and we now have an ETA rail date April 27, however no ETA for the dealer I was also told they had switched companies for delivery of vehicles. So all those vehicles that were lined up April 5, one of them was mine. The Rubicon has been built and release for shipping for almost a month. This was good news considering this is more information then I have received in over a month. For all of you that have ordered and have completed vehicles the problem that jeep was not disclosing to anybody was transportation issues. I just want CC to come home! :)

cliff538

Spoke to jeep.com yesterday and we now have an ETA rail date April 27, however no ETA for the dealer I was also told they had switched companies for delivery of vehicles. So all those vehicles that were lined up April 5, one of them was mine. The Rubicon has been built and release for shipping for almost a month. This was good news considering this is more information then I have received in over a month. For all of you that have ordered and have completed vehicles the problem that jeep was not disclosing to anybody was transportation issues. I just want CC to come home! :)

Good update, thank you!