Presto-change-O: JKRR to JLUR

YAHAHA

In December last year we added a JKRR 3-door to keep our 04TJ company. After a couple months of JKRR we decided to make the change from 3-door to 5-door. I had my wife drive the JKUR & JLUR back to back on the same day. I told her to pick the one she liked better.

Steak dinner boom... JLUR in our driveway.

The first day we had it, our son asked when we're taking it to the trails. Day 4 we went out and got stuck in a foot of mud. Partly the BFGs but mostly driver lost momentum going up the muddy hill and couldn't get past the crest of the hill. Should have used manual shift in 4LO.

Anyhow, we love our TJ, I really liked the 3-door JKRR but neither are as awesome as the JLUR, especially for daily driving.

IMG_5001.JPGIMG_4649.jpgIMG_4707.jpg

Last edited:

JAGS

Looks like the building is about the fall over. Lol.

I cringed when I saw the mud. But welcome to the forum.

Dusty

In December last year we added a JKRR 3-door to keep our 04TJ company. After a couple months of JKRR we decided to make the change from 3-door to 5-door. I had my wife drive the JKUR & JLUR back to back on the same day. I told her to pick the one she liked better.

Steak dinner boom... JLUR in our driveway.

The first day we had it, our son asked when we're taking it to the trails. Day 4 we went out and got stuck in a foot of mud. Partly the BFGs but mostly driver lost momentum going up the muddy hill and couldn't get past the crest of the hill. Should have used manual shift in 4LO.

Anyhow, we love our TJ, I really liked the 3-door JKRR but neither are as awesome as the JLUR, especially for daily driving.

View attachment 1875View attachment 1876View attachment 1877
Welcome to JLUR Family.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

Thanks all for the welcomes

Don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone refer to them as three doors and five doors but welcome to JLWrangler!

My son is at the age where he is very observant and sometimes quite literal. That thing on the back of the Jeep is a type of door so we have fun with it and call them 3-door & 5-door Jeeps.

We can't wait to get to Arizona late this summer for vacation in the Jeep. Looks like a lot of great places to go off-road and camp!

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Thanks all for the welcomes

My son is at the age where he is very observant and sometimes quite literal. That thing on the back of the Jeep is a type of door so we have fun with it and call them 3-door & 5-door Jeeps.

We can't wait to get to Arizona late this summer for vacation in the Jeep. Looks like a lot of great places to go off-road and camp!

Nothing wrong with it and every other auto manufacturer says it, just don’t hear it in the jee world much.

Hope you’re staying north in Arizona in the summer!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

We were thinking about going to the Grand canyon and thought we'd hit some trails while we're out that way.

Open for suggestions on relatively easy trails safe enough for going alone without a group.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

YAHAHA

It warmed up to 59 degrees today so I stripped it down.
IMG_5171.jpg

YAHAHA

I can't wait to get a soft top so we can really be free. Doorless Jeep is the way to go!

YAHAHA

Thanks again for the kind comments.

Spring is hitting Chicago and I love driving the JLUR with the freedom panels off. I love driving with them on but the open air nature of these vehicles makes them so much better!

YAHAHA

This JLUR is killing me. I'm so accustom to modifying my vehicles (Mustangs & TJ) but all the mods I was planning for our 18 JKRR are stock on this JLUR.

I feel empty not being out in the garage tinkering with this new Jeep. I'd love to add the Mopar 2" lift and 35" tires but why? For the limited off-roading we do in the wooded trails, we don't really need more.

I would like to upgrade to tires that perform better in the mud and snow than these KO2s.

AAAARGH... Must resist the urge...

Soft top
Half doors
35s
2" lift