FINALLY!! LED Headlights for the Wrangler!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, the big news for the current Jeep JK Wrangler is that for the final model year 2017, they will now come with LED headlights and fog lights STANDARD on Rubicon and Saharas and available as an option on Sports. Of course, I think it's safe to say that these LED lights will also be available on the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler as well.

wrangler-LEDs.jpg

The Jeep Wrangler, of all cars, will be the first Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, or Dodge to get LED headlights and fog lamps, and they are standard on the Sahara and Rubicon — optional on Sport and Sport S. Jeep claims the new high beams are good for a 90% increase in light.

Other improvements for the Wrangler, which is due for re-engineering in 2018 or 2019, are a cold weather group option for Sport S and Rubicon, with 17-inch BF Goodrich KO2 tires, an engine block heater, slush mats, power convenience group, heated seats, and remote start. New colors are Chief, Acid Yellow, and Gobi, and XTreme Purple will be available across the range.

http://www.allpar.com/news/2016/09/wrangler-gets-led-headlights-32744[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 314F814B-D65F-484C-BE72-8EB801F57ECC.jpg
    314F814B-D65F-484C-BE72-8EB801F57ECC.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 3

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
These headlights are actually pretty bright. The have a yellow tint at the base of the beam but the spread and output is actually good. I was impressed driving with them last night.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
These headlights are actually pretty bright. The have a yellow tint at the base of the beam but the spread and output is actually good. I was impressed driving with them last night.

That's right, Tina has these on her new JK. I can only imagine they are light years (no pun intended) ahead of the old school incandescent POS lights that came standard on JK's for years!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know I never thought about that. I wonder if that was the fog lights on, I didn't pay attention. I'll have to look again tonight.

Any idea who makes the headlights for jeep? Or are they making them themselves?

Either the fog lights were on or the new headlights have yellow tints at the base to help in the fog/dust. Please let us know either way.

Regarding the lights, I don't know for sure. I know that up until 2017, the Mopar LED head lights were being made by JW Speaker. From what I understand, Jeep is pushing hard to have all their own parts made for everything including lift kits, etc. I would think it's probable that the lights are theirs now too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for posting that up! Being that the headlights are LED's, I have to think that the yellow tint is somehow deliberate. I wasn't sure but are the fogs LED too?

JeepFan

You think they're better than Truck-Lite or JW Speakers?
I don't have any experience with JW Speakers but in my opinion they are way better than Truck-Lights in terms of them having an even beam and no artifacts in the beam like TLs.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From the look of the pics that Adam posted up, they sure look nice! I'm happy enough with my Truck-Lites but after installing LED's in our Renegade, they kind of pale by comparison.

JeepFan

From the look of the pics that Adam posted up, they sure look nice! I'm happy enough with my Truck-Lites but after installing LED's in our Renegade, they kind of pale by comparison.
Im happy with my truck lites too but for what its worth, there is something to be said about a factory part that actually is a major improvement.